2007-01-31 17:17:59

by paivakil

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] 'hcitool scan' failing

"Raymond Ingles" <[email protected]> writes:

> On 1/30/07, Mahesh T. Pai <[email protected]> wrote:

> Bus 001 Device 024: ID 1131:1001 Integrated System Solution Corp.
> KY-BT100 Bluetooth Adapter
>
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 11:11:11:11:11:11 ACL MTU: 678:8 SCO MTU: 64:10
>
> Note my BD address is also "11:11:11:11:11:11". These cheap dongles
> appear to all have the same BD address. That will cause problems if
> two of them are in range of each other; it's similar to having to

Well, I have verified that the mac addreses are different. The dongles
are from different vendors.

And, some time back, I had got `hcitool scan' to detect the dongles,
but after a reboot, they no longer get each other. The only thing I
remember doing was to reconfigure libbluetooth2.

And I cannot find the bnep0 nr rfcomm0 interfaces, though the relevant
modules are loaded in the kernel.

--
Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
REVOLUTION, n. An abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.

by Raymond Ingles

On 1/31/07, Mahesh T. Pai <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Raymond Ingles" <[email protected]> writes:
> > Note my BD address is also "11:11:11:11:11:11". These cheap dongles
> > appear to all have the same BD address. That will cause problems if
> > two of them are in range of each other; it's similar to having to
>
> Well, I have verified that the mac addreses are different. The dongles
> are from different vendors.

Oh, well, so much for that theory. I'm afraid I can't help you much
further, I'm still a newbie myself at this. Do you have any other
bluetooth devices that you can successfully detect with those dongles,
as a test?