2008-06-19 13:42:36

by Raymond Ingles

Subject: [Bluez-users] Remote desktop via Bluez

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 11:54 PM, umeshyv <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think everyone are aware of windows vista ,you can access its desktop
> using your mobile with bluetooth enabled on your mobile and on your host
> using Remote Desktop application on your mobile is it possible to do the
> same on suse linux 10.1.waiting for your suggestions

Yes, depending on what kind of 'mobile' you have. First, get
networking to work. For example, if you have a Palm-based system, if
you can remote hotsync over bluetooth, then you should be able to do
remote desktop. There are several ways to remotely view the screen
with Linux. There's a linux RDP (Microsofts' "Remote Desktop
Protocol") server here: http://xrdp.sourceforge.net/

However, I think the VNC stuff is a bit more mature. VNC is a
different implementation of the same 'remote desktop' idea. I've used
this on my Palm: http://palmvnc2.free.fr/

by umeshyv

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Remote desktop via Bluez

Hi Mr.Raymond,

I have sony erricisson k750i mobile and bluetooth enabled on my mobile and
laptop's bluetooth and from my mobile i used remote desktop application
(under entertainment this demo is available in youtube.com) and the same
thing i want to use on suse linux with usb bluetooth dongle.As you suggested
RDP and VNC will these both support suse linux 10.1 .How do I proceed.

--
Umesh

Attachments:
(No filename) (395.00 B)