2008-01-24 19:56:33

by Russell A. Bell

Subject: [Bluez-users] 'cannot open libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so': a solution

When I try to play a file on my headset via bluetooth I get
that message. I don't have libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so. I run
Slackware 10.2 with kernel 2.6.23.1; I had all the bluez-* packages
(3.22: Slackware's most recent version) installed. I uninstalled all
the bluez-* packages, downloaded the latest source from http://www.bluez.org,
built it, had the same result. I found some likely source for
libasound_module_pcm_bluetooth.so in bluez-utils-3.24, ran:

configure --enable-alsa --enable-usb --enable-avctrl --enable-audio

(I don't know that I needed all of those, perhaps just the
'--enable-alsa') rebuilt, and still had the same problem. I figured
out my sound apps were looking only in /usr/lib/alsa while the build
had put the libraries in /usr/local/lib/alsa. I linked the contents
of /usr/local/lib/alsa to /usr/lib/alsa and my apps were happy
(perhaps rebuilding the apps, or other libraries they use, would have
solved the problem too) - at least they didn't complain about not
finding the library, only about not finding a target: I still haven't
figured out how to make a permanent connection to my headset.

russell bell

by jayjwa