2007-08-20 16:08:33

by John Sample

Subject: [Bluez-users] HCI Daemon Unable to get on D-Bus

I've been working on getting Bluez up an running on an embedded platform and
am having some problems getting hcid to run. I'm using the 2.6.23 kernel,
but I've also tested on an old 2.6.10 kernel and run into the same problem.
I start D-Bus using dbus-daemon-1 --system, and it starts ok without any
error messages. I then start hcid, but it immediately exits and I get the
following in my syslog:

hcid[1021]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[1021]: Can't connect to system message bus: Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the
message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or
the network connection was broken.
hcid[1021]: Unable to get on D-Bus
Do I need to modify bluetooth.conf or system.conf in any way to get the
security policy to allow the connection? I saw a similar post a while ago
on this same topic but I couldn't find a resolution anywhere.

John Sample

Attachments:
(No filename) (964.00 B)
(No filename) (1.11 kB)
(No filename) (315.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by John Sample

Umesh,

I did a ./configure --prefix=/usr followed by make and make install for both
libs and utils.

John

> Hi Mr.John, Can i get the compilation procedure for bluez libs and utils
>
> Regards
> Umesh
>

> On 8/20/07, John Sample <john.m.sample@gm...> wrote:
> >
> > I've been working on getting Bluez up an running on an embedded platform
> > and am having some problems getting hcid to run. I'm using the
> 2.6.23kernel, but I've also tested on an old
> > 2.6.10 kernel and run into the same problem. I start D-Bus using
> > dbus-daemon-1 --system, and it starts ok without any error messages. I
> then
> > start hcid, but it immediately exits and I get the following in my
> syslog:
> >
> > hcid[1021]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
> > hcid[1021]: Can't connect to system message bus: Did not receive a
> reply.
> > Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
> the
> > message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
> expired, or
> > the network connection was broken.
> > hcid[1021]: Unable to get on D-Bus
> > Do I need to modify bluetooth.conf or system.conf in any way to get the
> > security policy to allow the connection? I saw a similar post a while
> ago
> > on this same topic but I couldn't find a resolution anywhere.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > John Sample

Attachments: