2006-06-30 23:15:19

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluetooth protocol question

Hi

I am somewhat new to Bluetooth and Bluez so this may be somewhat of a newbie
question.

I have a bluetooth device that I am trying to write code to work with it on
my Suse box. In my log
file, I see link_key_request, and then pin_code_request and then
link_key_notify. All seems successful.
And then after a few minutes I get this line in my system log:

sdpd[8619]: close_sock: Read error: Connection timed out

What is sdpd trying to do? I think there must be something about the
bluetooth protocol that I am missing.
Is sdpd trying to read data out of the device? Is there a good doc
somewhere I can understand the bluetooth protocol (handshake etc...)

Thanks for any tips.

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (697.00 B)
(No filename) (789.00 B)
(No filename) (299.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth protocol question

Hi Mark,

> I am somewhat new to Bluetooth and Bluez so this may be somewhat of a
> newbie question.
>
> I have a bluetooth device that I am trying to write code to work with
> it on my Suse box. In my log
> file, I see link_key_request, and then pin_code_request and then
> link_key_notify. All seems successful.
> And then after a few minutes I get this line in my system log:
>
> sdpd[8619]: close_sock: Read error: Connection timed out
>
> What is sdpd trying to do? I think there must be something about the
> bluetooth protocol that I am missing.
> Is sdpd trying to read data out of the device? Is there a good doc
> somewhere I can understand the bluetooth protocol (handshake etc...)

run "hcidump -X -V" in another terminal and show us its output.

Regards

Marcel