2006-08-30 20:16:43

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] location of link keys

Dear All:

I am trying to look for where my link keys are stored by hcid. I thought it
is under /var/lib/bluetooth but even with paired devices, I still don't see
link keys stored under /var/lib/bluetooth. I believe link keys are cached
so for a device that has been paired before, the same link key is handed
down during pin-exchange and pairing.

Can you tell me the directory where these link keys are stored?
Thanks

--mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (430.00 B)
(No filename) (470.00 B)
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] location of link keys

Hi Mark,

> Thanks for your reply. That is what I thought except that
> once I disconnect from the device, my /var/lib/bluetooth directory is
> emptied. So I am curious how they get wiped out.

at least not by hcid, because this option doesn't exists. I assume the
never get written. At least you should see a subdirectory for your local
BD_ADDR and the linkkeys file. If you have SELinux, it can be a problem
if not correctly configured. Did you check the syslog for possible error
messages?

Regards

Marcel

by Mark S. Townsley

On 8/30/06, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> > I am trying to look for where my link keys are stored by hcid. I
> > thought it is under /var/lib/bluetooth but even with paired devices, I
> > still don't see link keys stored under /var/lib/bluetooth. I believe
> > link keys are cached so for a device that has been paired before, the
> > same link key is handed down during pin-exchange and pairing.
>
> the link keys are stored under /var/lib/bluetooth/<bdaddr>/linkkeys
> since quite some time now.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.27 kB)