2006-09-08 15:49:37

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] hcidump

Hi:

Is there a how-to or faq on how to interpret the output of hcidump? I find
the tool very useful but there are many elements in the output that I have
no clue how to interpret. Getting to know hcidump will help me with knowing
what is going on with my bluetooth connections.

thanks

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (295.00 B)
(No filename) (437.00 B)
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Jeff Wilson

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hcidump

Hi Mark,

The HCI specification is published by the Bluetooth SIG
(http://www.bluetooth.org). hcidump just translates the HCI bytecodes
to human-readable abbreviations, but without the full specification
handy, you won't know what's what. If you have trouble locating and
downloading the HCI spec, email me off-list and I'll tell you what
(little) I know. As for a FAQ, the spec is all I know of.

Regards,
Jeff

On 9/8/06, Mark S. Townsley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi:
>
> Is there a how-to or faq on how to interpret the output of hcidump? I find
> the tool very useful but there are many elements in the output that I have
> no clue how to interpret. Getting to know hcidump will help me with knowing
> what is going on with my bluetooth connections.
>
> thanks
>

> Mark

by Sohel

sorry, got my answer, I have to select the Verbose option.

Robert Schmidt <[email protected]> wrote: Hi,

Why doesn't hcidump show what type of packets are being used for L2CAP connection while sending data. It just writes "Number of Completed Packets". Is there a way to see what type of packets are being used ??

thanks,

robert.