2006-09-21 19:30:25

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] RFCOMM error

Hi:

I have a an RFCOMM server process listening on one box. From a Linux
laptop,
I just wrote a simple RFCOMM client to connect to it. Very simple, via
AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_SEQPACKET and
BTPROTO_RFCOMM.

I got back errno as Bad File Descriptor. When I strace it, I saw this line:

socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_SEQPACKET, 3) = -1 ESOCKTNOSUPPORT (Socket
type not supported).

What does that mean? Did I construct the socket wrong?

thanks

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (448.00 B)
(No filename) (702.00 B)
(No filename) (348.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] RFCOMM error

Many thanks. That fixed the problem....

Mark

On 9/21/06, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> > I have a an RFCOMM server process listening on one box. From a Linux
> > laptop,
> > I just wrote a simple RFCOMM client to connect to it. Very simple,
> > via AF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_SEQPACKET and
> > BTPROTO_RFCOMM.
> >
> > I got back errno as Bad File Descriptor. When I strace it, I saw this
> > line:
> >
> > socket(PF_BLUETOOTH, SOCK_SEQPACKET, 3) = -1 ESOCKTNOSUPPORT
> > (Socket type not supported).
> >
> > What does that mean? Did I construct the socket wrong?
>
> for RFCOMM it must be SOCK_STREAM.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.17 kB)