2006-12-18 00:48:57

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] dbus connection failed and so hcid won't start

Hi: I did not come across this problem on SuSE. This afternoon, however, I
have moved over to use a Fedora based box for development. I found that
hcid won't even start. I can see that my BT radio (USB dongle) is there and
UP. I can scan for devices.
I also see dbus running as well. But when I start hcid, I got:

[root@localhost ~]# hcid -n
hcid[2574]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
hcid[2574]: Can't open system message bus connection: Did not receive a
reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.
hcid[2574]: Unable to get on D-Bus
[root@localhost ~]#

Do I need to configure something on the dbus side?

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (761.00 B)
(No filename) (833.00 B)