2007-05-03 21:50:45

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] hciconfig delkey question

Hi:

I am trying to delete a linkkey by way of 'hciconfig delkey <btaddr>' where
<btaddr> is the bluetooth address linkkey that I want to remove. I can see
that there is a directory under /var/lib/bluetooth in the same name as
<btaddr>. I execute the command and hciconfig returns the same lines as if
I run it with no argument (returning info about my only hci interface,
hci0). And I can still see <btaddr> directory under /var/lib/bluetooth.

Am I missing something about how this command should behave? I was
expecting that after the command, the directory under
/var/lib/bluetooth/<btaddr> would be removed.

Thanks for any tip/pointer.

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (654.00 B)
(No filename) (750.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hciconfig delkey question

Hi Mark,

> I am trying to delete a linkkey by way of 'hciconfig delkey <btaddr>'
> where <btaddr> is the bluetooth address linkkey that I want to remove.
> I can see that there is a directory under /var/lib/bluetooth in the
> same name as <btaddr>. I execute the command and hciconfig returns
> the same lines as if I run it with no argument (returning info about
> my only hci interface, hci0). And I can still see <btaddr> directory
> under /var/lib/bluetooth.
>
> Am I missing something about how this command should behave? I was
> expecting that after the command, the directory
> under /var/lib/bluetooth/<btaddr> would be removed.

the delkey option deletes a key from the Bluetooth chip and not the host
filesystem. Use the D-Bus API method RemoveBonding() for that.

Regards

Marcel