2007-05-18 17:36:53

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] hcid cannot connect to dbus

Hi

When I fire up my hcid, I got this error message:

Can't connect to system message bus: Failed to connect to socket
/var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused

My DBUS is running and there is /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket. I have a
generic server/client and talks via the system bus and they work just fine.
My DBUS config also loads the system.d/bluetooth.conf as well.

Is there a reason why hcid would print out the "Connection refused" message?

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (477.00 B)
(No filename) (573.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hcid cannot connect to dbus

Hi Mark,

> When I fire up my hcid, I got this error message:
>
> Can't connect to system message bus: Failed to connect to
> socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: Connection refused
>
> My DBUS is running and there is /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket. I
> have a generic server/client and talks via the system bus and they
> work just fine.
> My DBUS config also loads the system.d/bluetooth.conf as well.
>
> Is there a reason why hcid would print out the "Connection refused"
> message?

I have no idea. This simply works for me. Seems like your D-Bus
configuration is messed up.

Regards

Marcel