2007-06-28 19:42:17

by Mark S. Townsley

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluetooth qualification

Hi:

I believe Bluez is Bluetooth 2.0 compliant. But I am unable to find any
official mention of that anywhere.
Can someone point out where I can find out more about Bluez and which
Bluetooth spec version is it compliant to?

thanks

Mark

Attachments:
(No filename) (241.00 B)
(No filename) (275.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluetooth qualification

Hi Mark,

> What if I am using an older Bluez version? Is there a way I can find
> out its supported Bluez spec?

we only fixed one important L2CAP issue within the 2.6.22 kernel and
thus means that all kernels before are only Bluetooth 1.1 compliant.

Regards

Marcel

by Mark S. Townsley

Marcel: thanks.

On 6/28/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> > I believe Bluez is Bluetooth 2.0 compliant. But I am unable to find
> > any official mention of that anywhere.
> > Can someone point out where I can find out more about Bluez and which
> > Bluetooth spec version is it compliant to?
>
> using a 2.6.22 kernel and bluez-utils-3.11 gives you a full Bluetooth
> 2.0 compliant stack from the GAP perspective. It will pass all
> qualification tests for L2CAP, RFCOMM, GAP and SPP, but we don't have a
> public qualification record for it.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.15 kB)