2005-05-28 08:37:20

by peng zhihuai

Subject: [Bluez-users] strange error--/drivers/bluetooth/hci_uart.c

hi all:
h4_recv: Unknown HCI packet type 00
h4_recv: Unknown HCI packet type 34
these message offen appear
I find then in "/drivers/bluetooth/hci_uart.c",function n_hci_rx:
/* WAIT_PACKET_TYPE */
=09=09switch (*ptr) {
=09=09=09case HCI_EVENT_PKT:
=09=09=09=09DBG("Event packet");
=09=09=09=09n_hci->rx_state =3D WAIT_EVENT_HDR;
=09=09=09=09n_hci->rx_count =3D HCI_EVENT_HDR_SIZE;
=09=09=09=09type =3D HCI_EVENT_PKT;
=09=09=09=09break;

=09=09=09case HCI_ACLDATA_PKT:
=09=09=09=09DBG("ACL packet");
=09=09=09=09n_hci->rx_state =3D WAIT_ACL_HDR;
=09=09=09=09n_hci->rx_count =3D HCI_ACL_HDR_SIZE;
=09=09=09=09type =3D HCI_ACLDATA_PKT;
=09=09=09=09break;

=09=09=09case HCI_SCODATA_PKT:
=09=09=09=09DBG("SCO packet");
=09=09=09=09n_hci->rx_state =3D WAIT_SCO_HDR;
=09=09=09=09n_hci->rx_count =3D HCI_SCO_HDR_SIZE;
=09=09=09=09type =3D HCI_SCODATA_PKT;
=09=09=09=09break;

=09=09=09default:
=09=09=09=09ERR("Unknown HCI packet type %2.2x", (__u8)*ptr);
=09=09=09=09n_hci->hdev.stat.err_rx++;
=09=09=09=09ptr++; count--;
=09=09=09=09continue;
=09=09};
=09=09ptr++; count--;

why these message apper? how to treat it?

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> > > h4_recv: Unknown HCI packet type 00
> > > h4_recv: Unknown HCI packet type 34
> > > these message offen appear
> >
> > this message means that your UART stream is out of sync. This happen due
> > bit errors on the serial line. What kind of module is this and what
> > kernel are you using?
> My module is broadcom2035 and kernel is 2.4.18.
> This case only happened when wlan in the same PCB borad works.
>
> I want to know why UART stream is out of sync when wlan works.

the 2.4.18 kernel is quite old and even with the -mh patch it is way
behind the current 2.6 kernel series.

The WiFi may introduces extra load to the UART that is used by your
Bluetooth module and thus you see the problems. I think it is hardware
specific. However with a Broadcom module you don't have any chance to
switch to BCSP as transport protocol.

Regards

Marcel

by peng zhihuai

Thank you for your reply.
2005/5/28, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>:
> Hi,
>=20
> > h4_recv: Unknown HCI packet type 00
> > h4_recv: Unknown HCI packet type 34
> > these message offen appear
>=20
> this message means that your UART stream is out of sync. This happen due
> bit errors on the serial line. What kind of module is this and what
> kernel are you using?
My module is broadcom2035 and kernel is 2.4.18.=20
This case only happened when wlan in the same PCB borad works.

I want to know why UART stream is out of sync when wlan works.=20
Any hlep is appreciated.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,