2006-07-17 22:52:26

by Patil, Mahesh

Subject: [Bluez-users] BlueZ installation Error

Hi All,

I am newbie to BlueZ. I tried to install it on linux machine with
kernel version 2.4.10. I tried to install the list of below modules from
http://www.bluez.org/download.html

The installation of bluez-firmware-1.2.tar.gz
<http://www.bluez.org/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbluez.sf.net%2Fdownl
oad%2Fbluez-firmware-1.2.tar.gz> and bluez-libs-3.1.tar.gz
<http://www.bluez.org/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbluez.sf.net%2Fdownl
oad%2Fbluez-libs-3.1.tar.gz> went through fine. But when I tried the
same procedure for other modules bluez-hcidump-1.31.tar.gz
<http://www.bluez.org/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbluez.sf.net%2Fdownl
oad%2Fbluez-hcidump-1.31.tar.gz> and bluez-utils-3.1.tar.gz
<http://www.bluez.org/redirect.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbluez.sf.net%2Fdownl
oad%2Fbluez-utils-3.1.tar.gz> , I am getting below error,

Checking for BLUEZ.... Configure error: Bluetooth library is
required.

The steps followed are,

1. gunzip <module>.gz
2. tar xvf <module>.tar
3. cd <module> directory
4. ./configure'
5. make install

Please, let me know how to resolve the issue or pointers to info.

Thanks!!

Mahesh

Attachments:
(No filename) (348.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by bees

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] BlueZ installation Error

Hi Patil:
1. try "make" before "make install"
2. add your bluetooth lib path to "/etc/ld.so.conf", then "ldconfig"
3. add your pkgconfig path to ''PKG_CONFIG_PATH'
4. if your bluez version is 3.0 or higher, you may install dbus first.
Otherwise, use the lower version. such as 2.20 or 2.25, and so on.

Regards

Bees