2005-07-02 14:40:57

by Embedded System

Subject: [Bluez-users] HCID problem? (Help)

hi, all

HCI command do not complete after "inquiure request" completed succesfully.

I run "hcitool inq" & "hcidum", the output is as following:

HCIDump - HCI packet analyzer ver 1.16
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
< HCI Command: Inquiry (0x01|0x0001) plen 5
33 8B 9E 08 00
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
00 01 01 04
> HCI Event: Inquiry Result (0x02) plen 15
01 91 DC AC EE 02 00 01 00 00 04 22 50 C5 57
> HCI Event: Inquiry Complete (0x01) plen 1
00

(based on the packet dump, the inquery is succesful, and hcid should
complete), but hcitool output is:
Inquiring ...
Inquiry failed.: Connection timed out

Is it a HCID problem? How can I fix it? I thought it will also cause packet
lost & program hang.

Regards,
Andy

Attachments:
(No filename) (752.00 B)
(No filename) (929.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] HCID problem? (Help)

Hi Andy,

> More information coming...
>
> I dump the data at both PC & arm box when I connect from Nokia, it
> turns out that after request the Service Attribute, the PC side prints
> a connect request, but at arm side, it prints a disconnect request
> (with reason 0x13, user ended request), but obviously the Nokia does
> not send a disconnect request. the reasons are:
>
> Before this request, all the other information are the same &
> correct:
> write link policy settings, change connection packet type, Service
> search request, service attribute requestion. for all these request,
> the bluez gives the correct response data (serial profile, channel 3).

I need an "hcidump -X -V" to understand what is going on.

Regards

Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Andy,

> I am using arm-linux 2.4.27-vsr1 from atmel, and libs&utils I am using
> the latest 2.17 version. The kernel version is hard to change. I just
> think hcidump should also report the command status after inquire
> suceed. And since from the hcidump output, the inquire has already
> suceeded, the hcitool output should print the inquire result, but
> not"Inquiry failed.: Connection timed out".

the command status is not allowed after the inquiry succeeded. Please
install the latest hcidump and run it with the "-X -V" parameters.

Your kernel is quite old and I am not going to debug it. Try to include
at least my -mh patch for the 2.4.27 kernel.

> Below is more information:
> 1. I tried "hcitool inq", "hcitool scan", sdptool and l2ping, only
> l2ping outputs correctly.

This is strange. Do you run your ARM CPU in big endian mode?

> 2. If I don't run hcidump, my Nokia 7650 can connect to the arm box
> via Serial Profile every two times, but if I run hcidump, it can never
> connect succefully.

This actually can't be, because hcidump has no influence.

> 3. Among two data sendings from Nokia to arm box, one succeed, one
> failed (no data output from hcidump)

Very strange.

> 4. After about 5 times data sending from arm box to Nokia, it does not
> send back data to Nokia any more, and also at that time no more output
> from hcidump.

You might consider buying a Bluetooth sniffer.

> Everything seems to work perfectly between my linux PC and Nokia 7650.

Are you using the same kernel source as on your ARM platform?

Regards

Marcel

by Embedded System

hi, Marcel

More information coming...

I dump the data at both PC & arm box when I connect from Nokia, it turns out
that after request the Service Attribute, the PC side prints a connect
request, but at arm side, it prints a disconnect request (with reason 0x13,
user ended request), but obviously the Nokia does not send a disconnect
request. the reasons are:

Before this request, all the other information are the same & correct:
write link policy settings, change connection packet type, Service search
request, service attribute requestion. for all these request, the bluez
gives the correct response data (serial profile, channel 3).

Looking forward to your further information.

All the best,
Andy
On 7/3/05, Embedded System <[email protected]> wrote:

> hi, Marcel
>
> I am using arm-linux 2.4.27-vsr1 from atmel, and libs&utils I am using the
> latest 2.17 version. The kernel version is hard to change. I just think
> hcidump should also report the command status after inquire suceed. And
> since from the hcidump output, the inquire has already suceeded, the hcitool
> output should print the inquire result, but not"Inquiry failed.: Connection
> timed out".
>
> Below is more information:
> 1. I tried "hcitool inq", "hcitool scan", sdptool and l2ping, only l2ping
> outputs correctly.
> 2. If I don't run hcidump, my Nokia 7650 can connect to the arm box via
> Serial Profile every two times, but if I run hcidump, it can never connect
> succefully.
> 3. Among two data sendings from Nokia to arm box, one succeed, one failed
> (no data output from hcidump)
> 4. After about 5 times data sending from arm box to Nokia, it does not
> send back data to Nokia any more, and also at that time no more output from
> hcidump.
>
> Everything seems to work perfectly between my linux PC and Nokia 7650.
>
> Could you please give me more infomation for my next hacking? Thanks a
> lot!
>
> If you need any information, please let me know. Looking forward to your
> reply!
>
> Regards,
> Andy
> On 7/2/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Andy,
> >
> > > HCI command do not complete after "inquiure request" completed
> > > succesfully.
> > >
> > > I run "hcitool inq" & "hcidum", the output is as following:
> > >
> > > HCIDump - HCI packet analyzer ver 1.16
> > > device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
> > > < HCI Command: Inquiry (0x01|0x0001) plen 5
> > > 33 8B 9E 08 00
> > > 00 01 01 04
> > > 01 91 DC AC EE 02 00 01 00 00 04 22 50 C5 57
> > > 00
> > >
> > > (based on the packet dump, the inquery is succesful, and hcid should
> > > complete), but hcitool output is:
> > > Inquiring ...
> > > Inquiry failed.: Connection timed out
> > >
> > > Is it a HCID problem? How can I fix it? I thought it will also cause
> > > packet lost & program hang.
> >
> > what kernel and libs/utils are you using. And what do you think has hcid
> > to do with an inquiry?
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Marcel

(No filename) (3.61 kB)
(No filename) (4.96 kB)

by Embedded System

hi, Marcel

I am using arm-linux 2.4.27-vsr1 from atmel, and libs&utils I am using the
latest 2.17 version. The kernel version is hard to change. I just think
hcidump should also report the command status after inquire suceed. And
since from the hcidump output, the inquire has already suceeded, the hcitool
output should print the inquire result, but not"Inquiry failed.: Connection
timed out".

Below is more information:
1. I tried "hcitool inq", "hcitool scan", sdptool and l2ping, only l2ping
outputs correctly.
2. If I don't run hcidump, my Nokia 7650 can connect to the arm box via
Serial Profile every two times, but if I run hcidump, it can never connect
succefully.
3. Among two data sendings from Nokia to arm box, one succeed, one failed
(no data output from hcidump)
4. After about 5 times data sending from arm box to Nokia, it does not send
back data to Nokia any more, and also at that time no more output from
hcidump.

Everything seems to work perfectly between my linux PC and Nokia 7650.

Could you please give me more infomation for my next hacking? Thanks a lot!

If you need any information, please let me know. Looking forward to your
reply!

Regards,
Andy
On 7/2/05, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> > HCI command do not complete after "inquiure request" completed
> > succesfully.
> >
> > I run "hcitool inq" & "hcidum", the output is as following:
> >
> > HCIDump - HCI packet analyzer ver 1.16
> > device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffff
> > < HCI Command: Inquiry (0x01|0x0001) plen 5
> > 33 8B 9E 08 00
> > > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
> > 00 01 01 04
> > > HCI Event: Inquiry Result (0x02) plen 15
> > 01 91 DC AC EE 02 00 01 00 00 04 22 50 C5 57
> > > HCI Event: Inquiry Complete (0x01) plen 1
> > 00
> >
> > (based on the packet dump, the inquery is succesful, and hcid should
> > complete), but hcitool output is:
> > Inquiring ...
> > Inquiry failed.: Connection timed out
> >
> > Is it a HCID problem? How can I fix it? I thought it will also cause
> > packet lost & program hang.
>
> what kernel and libs/utils are you using. And what do you think has hcid
> to do with an inquiry?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (2.69 kB)