2004-07-07 01:26:31

by Sam Varshavchik

Subject: [Bluez-users] Trouble connecting to a Sony Ericsson T610 phone.

I'm using a Belkin USB dongle to try to connect to my T610 phone. I'm
running bluez 2.5 on Fedora Core 2 x86_64.

"hcitool scan" does list the phone. And the "Add New Device" option on the
phone does show the PC, after a brief delay. But if I tell the phone to go
ahead and connect to the PC, enter a PIN, the phone spins for a while, then
reports "Bluetooth connection failed" . On the PC side nothing happens.

Trying it the other way around also fails. "sdptool browse" reports an
error: "Failed to connect to SDP server on 00:0A:D9:79:1B:B3: Connection
timed out". Nautilus does show an icon for the T610 (but only if I'm
logged in as root) for "bluetooth:///", but either double-clicking on the
icon, or dragging a file into it, reports an error saying that the device is
read-only. Meanwhile, the phone is not doing anything.

So the phone and PC can see each other, but are not talking.

by Steven Yap

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 18:26, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> I'm using a Belkin USB dongle to try to connect to my T610 phone. I'm
> running bluez 2.5 on Fedora Core 2 x86_64.

I have a T616 and running Debian "sid" with bluez 2.7 on x86.

> "hcitool scan" does list the phone. And the "Add New Device" option on the
> phone does show the PC, after a brief delay. But if I tell the phone to go
> ahead and connect to the PC, enter a PIN, the phone spins for a while, then
> reports "Bluetooth connection failed" . On the PC side nothing happens.

Did you install a PIN helper like bluez-pin to let you enter a PIN
value for pairing?

--
Steven Yap <[email protected]>