2004-12-13 13:02:41

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] [bluetooth-alsa] and [libao-devel]

Hello folks,

If you are having troubles trying to install the bluetooth-alsa for
headset support (http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/) from a clean
Fedora Core 3 installation, this may help you:

Following the build instructions from the page above I got this output
from the ./configure script:
.
.
.
> checking for ALSA LDFLAGS... -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
> checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.3... found.
> checking for snd_ctl_open in -lasound... yes
> ./configure: line 3249: XIPH_PATH_AO: command not found
> configure: creating ./config.status
> config.status: creating Makefile
> config.status: creating sbc/Makefile
.
.
and the make process generates the following output+errors:

make all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco'
Making all in sbc
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco/sbc'
gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. @AO_CFLAGS@ -Wall -O2 -c sbclib.c
gcc: @AO_CFLAGS@: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [sbclib.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco/sbc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco'
make: *** [all] Error 2

In order to have XIPH_PATH_AO available you will need libao-devel
package installed. This can be found at http://www.rpmfind.net, for the fedora
distribution.
After that building process worked smoth for me.

Best regards

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: [bluetooth-alsa] and [libao-devel]

Hi,

> I migth be doing something wrong... It should be easier to load it. I've
> checked the path and the snd_bt_sco.ko file is placed at
> /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra. Why in extra?
>
> If I use insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/snd_bt_sco.k, it claims
> for dependencies, and well, I have seen in some thread that someone just
> use modprobe snd_bt_sco.

after the "make install" maybe a "depmod -e" is needed.

Regards

Marcel

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: [bluetooth-alsa] and [libao-devel]

Sebastian Roth wrote:
> Hi soraberri,
>
> > I actually con load sco (modprobe sco) but not snd_bt_sco as indicated
> > in http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/
> modprobe just searches the regular directory (/lib/modules/`uname -r`)
> for the module. Try insmod /full/path/to/snd-bt-sco.ko instead.
>
> Best regards,
> Sebastian

I migth be doing something wrong... It should be easier to load it. I've
checked the path and the snd_bt_sco.ko file is placed at
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra. Why in extra?

If I use insmod /lib/modules/`uname -r`/extra/snd_bt_sco.k, it claims
for dependencies, and well, I have seen in some thread that someone just
use modprobe snd_bt_sco.

thanks sebastian

regards

by Sebastian Roth

Hi soraberri,

> I actually con load sco (modprobe sco) but not snd_bt_sco as indicated
> in http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/
modprobe just searches the regular directory (/lib/modules/`uname -r`)
for the module. Try insmod /full/path/to/snd-bt-sco.ko instead.

Best regards,
Sebastian

by soraberri

I actually con load sco (modprobe sco) but not snd_bt_sco as indicated
in http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/

> Thanks Marcel,
> sometimes if I knew what to look for, I wouldn't need to look for it.
> Anyway, I'm stick again: while inserting the module (modprobe
> snd_bt_sco) it says
> FATAL: Module snd_bt_sco not found
>
> Any step is a whole world for me, as you can see...

by soraberri

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>If you are having troubles trying to install the bluetooth-alsa for
>>headset support (http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/) from a clean
>>Fedora Core 3 installation, this may help you:
>>
>>Following the build instructions from the page above I got this output
>>from the ./configure script:
>>.
>>.
>>.
>> > checking for ALSA LDFLAGS... -lasound -lm -ldl -lpthread
>> > checking for libasound headers version >= 1.0.3... found.
>> > checking for snd_ctl_open in -lasound... yes
>> > ./configure: line 3249: XIPH_PATH_AO: command not found
>> > configure: creating ./config.status
>> > config.status: creating Makefile
>> > config.status: creating sbc/Makefile
>>.
>>.
>>and the make process generates the following output+errors:
>>
>>make all-recursive
>>make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco'
>>Making all in sbc
>>make[2]: Entering directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco/sbc'
>>gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. @AO_CFLAGS@ -Wall -O2 -c sbclib.c
>>gcc: @AO_CFLAGS@: No such file or directory
>>make[2]: *** [sbclib.o] Error 1
>>make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco/sbc'
>>make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lpeiro/btsco'
>>make: *** [all] Error 2
>>

>>In order to have XIPH_PATH_AO available you will need libao-devel
>>package installed. This can be found at http://www.rpmfind.net, for the fedora
>>distribution.
>>After that building process worked smoth for me.
>

> we know and actually I already pointed this out in another thread you
> can find in the mailing list archive ;)
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Thanks Marcel,
sometimes if I knew what to look for, I wouldn't need to look for it.
Anyway, I'm stick again: while inserting the module (modprobe
snd_bt_sco) it says
FATAL: Module snd_bt_sco not found

Any step is a whole world for me, as you can see...

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] [bluetooth-alsa] and [libao-devel]

Hi,