2004-12-14 11:46:35

by Erwin Authried

Subject: [Bluez-users] pand connection to XP SP2 fails

I want to establish a pand connection to XP/SP2 with a MSI-6967 dongle.
I have installed the MSI driver for WinXP with SP2. The client is a
Laptop with a CBT100C card, Linux 2.4.22-mh7, bluez-libs+utils 2.12.
When I try to connect to the XP box with
pand --role PANU -c <ADR>
Windows is asking for the Pin. After entering the correct pin, I'm
always getting the following pand error:

pand[15249]: Connecting to <ADR>
hcid[15183]: link_key_request (sba=..., dab=...)
pand[15249]: Connect to <ADR> failed. Protocol error(71)

I'm able to connect to a PC running Bluez with the same setup.

-Erwin

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: pand connection to XP SP2 fails

Hi Erwin,

> a simple "pand --connect ..." doesn't work, it results in the
> "Protocol error(71)" from pand. It seems that pand defaults to remote
> service "NAP", I wonder if there is (or should be) some kind of fallback
> mechanism that tries GN and PANU as well.

there is no need for a fallback. We should simply use the information
from the SDP search if nothing else is specified on the command line.
Will anyone volunteer to look at this and create a patch?

Regards

Marcel

by Erwin Authried

Am Mit, den 15.12.2004 schrieb Marcel Holtmann um 12:36:
> Hi Erwin,
>
> > yes, this works fine (with pand --service PANU ...).
>
> please do a "sdptool browse|search ..." with the --tree option. May we
> can get the service from the SDP record and use a good default. Does a
> simple "pand --connect ..." without any extra options work for you?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

a simple "pand --connect ..." doesn't work, it results in the
"Protocol error(71)" from pand. It seems that pand defaults to remote
service "NAP", I wonder if there is (or should be) some kind of fallback
mechanism that tries GN and PANU as well.

Regards,
Erwin

by Erwin Authried

Am Mit, den 15.12.2004 schrieb Marcel Holtmann um 12:36:
> Hi Erwin,
>
> > yes, this works fine (with pand --service PANU ...).
>
> please do a "sdptool browse|search ..." with the --tree option. May we
> can get the service from the SDP record and use a good default. Does a
> simple "pand --connect ..." without any extra options work for you?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

this is the output of "sdptool browse --tree <adr>" from XP home/SP2.

Regards,
Erwin

Attachments:
browse.txt (2.59 kB)

2004-12-15 11:36:32

Am Mit, den 15.12.2004 schrieb Marcel Holtmann um 11:42:
> Hi Erwin,
>
> > Thanks a lot, I found out now that XP SP2 is obviously always configured
> > as PANU, I didn't find any way to change that. Maybe a different driver
> > would help to be able to configure it as NAP, I don't know.
>
> so doing a PANU (Linux) <-> PANU (XP SP2) connection works?
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Hello Marcel,

yes, this works fine (with pand --service PANU ...).

Regards,
Erwin

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Erwin,

> Thanks a lot, I found out now that XP SP2 is obviously always configured
> as PANU, I didn't find any way to change that. Maybe a different driver
> would help to be able to configure it as NAP, I don't know.

so doing a PANU (Linux) <-> PANU (XP SP2) connection works?

Regards

Marcel

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] pand connection to XP SP2 fails

Look what MS stack knows:

http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=3DQualifiedProduct=
s&Details=3DYes&ProductID=3D956

It should work with our pand

Michal

Dne =FAt 14. prosince 2004 12:46 Erwin Authried napsal(a):
> I want to establish a pand connection to XP/SP2 with a MSI-6967 dongle.
> I have installed the MSI driver for WinXP with SP2. The client is a
> Laptop with a CBT100C card, Linux 2.4.22-mh7, bluez-libs+utils 2.12.
> When I try to connect to the XP box with
> pand --role PANU -c <ADR>
> Windows is asking for the Pin. After entering the correct pin, I'm
> always getting the following pand error:

> pand[15249]: Connecting to <ADR>
> hcid[15183]: link_key_request (sba=3D..., dab=3D...)
> pand[15249]: Connect to <ADR> failed. Protocol error(71)
>
> I'm able to connect to a PC running Bluez with the same setup.
>
> -Erwin

by Erwin Authried

Am Die, den 14.12.2004 schrieb Sebastian Roth um 13:55:
> Hi Erwin,

> < ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 11
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 7 [psm 15]
> BNEP: Control(0x01|0)
> Setup Req(0x01) size 0x02 dst 0x1116(NAP) src 0x1115(PANU)
>
> > HCI Event: Number of Completed Packets (0x13) plen 5
> 01 29 00 01 00
>
> > ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 8
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 4 [psm 15]
> BNEP: Control(0x01|0)
> Setup Rsp(0x02) res 0x0001
>
> The linux box is asking for a connection but the windows box respondes
> with 0x0001 (Operation Failed: Invalid Destination Service UUID)
> http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/15/Bluetooth/BNEP.pdf (page 22)
>
> So I guess the windows bluetooth stack doesn't provide this service.
> Discover the services it provides with this command:
>
> hcitool info <bdaddr>
>

> Best regards,
> Sebastian

Thanks a lot, I found out now that XP SP2 is obviously always configured
as PANU, I didn't find any way to change that. Maybe a different driver
would help to be able to configure it as NAP, I don't know.

Regards,
Erwin

by Sebastian Roth

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: pand connection to XP SP2 fails

Am Die, den 14.12.2004 schrieb Marcel Holtmann um 12:48:
> Hi Erwin,
>
> > I want to establish a pand connection to XP/SP2 with a MSI-6967 dongle.
> > I have installed the MSI driver for WinXP with SP2. The client is a
> > Laptop with a CBT100C card, Linux 2.4.22-mh7, bluez-libs+utils 2.12.
> > When I try to connect to the XP box with
> > pand --role PANU -c <ADR>
> > Windows is asking for the Pin. After entering the correct pin, I'm
> > always getting the following pand error:

> > pand[15249]: Connecting to <ADR>
> > hcid[15183]: link_key_request (sba=..., dab=...)
> > pand[15249]: Connect to <ADR> failed. Protocol error(71)
> >
> > I'm able to connect to a PC running Bluez with the same setup.
>
> show us the output of "hcidump -X" (as root) while your are connecting.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

I have attached the output of "hciconfig -a" and "hcidump -x"

Regards,
Erwin

Attachments:
hciconfig.txt (610.00 B)