2004-12-29 16:55:13

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] rctest[3790]: Can't set L2CAP link mode

This is part of my lsmod output:

[soraberri@castejon temp]$ lsmod
Module Size Used by
hci_usb 15041 3
rfcomm 36701 2
l2cap 25285 7 rfcomm
bluetooth 46917 11 hci_usb,rfcomm,l2cap

sdpd and hcid are running

I think all the important stuff is there, and then why am I getting the
following error?

[soraberri@castejon temp]$rctest -r
rctest[3790]: Can't set L2CAP link mode. Protocol not available(92)

Well it seems that the error is born within the call to
setsockopt(s, SOL_RFCOMM, RFCOMM_LM, &opt, sizeof(opt))
in rctest.c

If you could give me a clue, pleease..

thanks for your time.

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> This is part of my lsmod output:
>
> [soraberri@castejon temp]$ lsmod
> Module Size Used by
> hci_usb 15041 3
> rfcomm 36701 2
> l2cap 25285 7 rfcomm
> bluetooth 46917 11 hci_usb,rfcomm,l2cap
>
> sdpd and hcid are running
>
> I think all the important stuff is there, and then why am I getting the
> following error?
>
> [soraberri@castejon temp]$rctest -r
> rctest[3790]: Can't set L2CAP link mode. Protocol not available(92)

this error is wrong and I actually fixed it in the CVS now.

> Well it seems that the error is born within the call to
> setsockopt(s, SOL_RFCOMM, RFCOMM_LM, &opt, sizeof(opt))
> in rctest.c

You need a kernel with RFCOMM service level security support. This is
not mainline yet.

Regards

Marcel