2005-01-09 22:06:36

by jago25_98 / ajpearce

Subject: [Bluez-users] rfcomm -> /dev/dsp?

How do I use my phone as a microphone input? It has the "Voice
gateway" bluetooth profile on channel 1, which is bound to
/dev/rfcomm1

Maybe there's something in the kbluetoothd (KDE) that can help?

hmm... I see there is the alsa-bluetooth project but I'm not sure how
to use it, and not sure if it will work with my phone.

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: rfcomm -> /dev/dsp? (phone as headset)

Michal Semler wrote:
> Dne ne 9. ledna 2005 23:06 jago25_98 / ajpearce napsal(a):
>
>>How do I use my phone as a microphone input? It has the "Voice
>>gateway" bluetooth profile on channel 1, which is bound to
>>/dev/rfcomm1
>>
>>Maybe there's something in the kbluetoothd (KDE) that can help?
>>
>>hmm... I see there is the alsa-bluetooth project but I'm not sure how
>>to use it, and not sure if it will work with my phone.
>

> Project you are looking for is:
>
> http://www.crazygreek.co.uk/content/chan_bluetooth
>
> Michal

The project you mention is about 'Bluetooth HandsFreeProfile support for
Asterisk'. Then, you can use the computer as a handsfree device: you
carry the phone in your briefcase and the laptop in the desk, so you can
make/receive calls without speaking to the phone -you speak to the
laptop.
A different thing is to use the phone as audio input: in this case you
want to speak to your phone, but you want the streaming audio to reach
the computer via bluetooth in order to use VoIP there (for example). So
you use the phone just like a headset, the difference is that you have
to hold it by hand instead of hook it in the ear. This way, all you need
in the Linux point is Bluez and btsco (bluetooth-alsa) in order to have
AudioGateway support. The problem is what you need in the phone end: I
think at least Symbian, and the possibility to "read/write" from/to the
phone audio device and implement the headset profile.

Do you think is it possible? Has it been managed anywhere?
I guess many people wouldn't like the idea at all...

by CIJOML

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] rfcomm -> /dev/dsp?