2005-01-27 19:41:21

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] problem decoding Link_Policy_Settings parameter

Hi, how are you there?
I hope you could help me with this stoping problem:

let's say I do 'hcitool cc --role=m 00:10:60:A5:8F:8A'
and now, the output in hcidump is the following:

< HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
8A 8F A5 60 10 00 18 CC 02 00 00 00 00
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
00 01 05 04
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
00 29 00 8A 8F A5 60 10 00 01 00
< HCI Command: Write Link Policy Settings (0x02|0x000d) plen 4
29 00 0F 00
> HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 6
01 0D 08 00 29 00
> HCI Event: Page Scan Repetition Mode Change (0x20) plen 7
8A 8F A5 60 10 00 01
> HCI Event: Max Slots Change (0x1b) plen 3
29 00 05

My problem is I cannot render an interpretation of the Write Link Policy
Settings Command, because I read 0x000F as the Link_Policy_Settings
parameter, and by looking at the bluetooth specification this value is
not allowed (or at least it is not defined), so what a strange way of
telling the device to stay master!

thanks all (especially Marcel cause none post of mine has miss one of
his answers)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi,

> I hope you could help me with this stoping problem:
>
> let's say I do 'hcitool cc --role=m 00:10:60:A5:8F:8A'
> and now, the output in hcidump is the following:
>
> < HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
> 8A 8F A5 60 10 00 18 CC 02 00 00 00 00
> > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
> 00 01 05 04
> > HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
> 00 29 00 8A 8F A5 60 10 00 01 00
> < HCI Command: Write Link Policy Settings (0x02|0x000d) plen 4
> 29 00 0F 00
> > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 6
> 01 0D 08 00 29 00
> > HCI Event: Page Scan Repetition Mode Change (0x20) plen 7
> 8A 8F A5 60 10 00 01
> > HCI Event: Max Slots Change (0x1b) plen 3
> 29 00 05
>

> My problem is I cannot render an interpretation of the Write Link Policy
> Settings Command, because I read 0x000F as the Link_Policy_Settings
> parameter, and by looking at the bluetooth specification this value is
> not allowed (or at least it is not defined), so what a strange way of
> telling the device to stay master!

the connection handle is 41 and the link policy is 15. This means that
role switch, hold mode, sniff mode and park state are enabled. The math
is quite simple:

1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15

The link policy is a bit oriented value.

> thanks all (especially Marcel cause none post of mine has miss one of
> his answers)

You are welcome.

Regards

Marcel