2005-02-07 21:10:27

by Jesse Guardiani

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Re: CSR USB dongle w/BT 1.2 and headset/handsfree profiles?

Marcel Holtmann wrote:

> Hi Jesse,
>
>> > D-Link DBT-120 rev B3 is your choice :)
>>
>> Is the new B4 revision OK too?
>
> I had timing problems when flashing it with btdfu. Try it at your own
> risk.

What does that mean, exactly? Does the dongle become unusable? Does audio
not work correctly after a firmware upgrade? Does the firmware just not
upgrade properly?

Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but you can imagine that it's not
incredibly easy to find B3 revisions. I've found tons of B4 revisions,
but the B3s are a bit more rare. I'm just wondering if I can get by with
a B4.

Thanks!

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Jesse,

> >> Is the new B4 revision OK too?
> >
> > I had timing problems when flashing it with btdfu. Try it at your own
> > risk.
>
> What does that mean, exactly? Does the dongle become unusable? Does audio
> not work correctly after a firmware upgrade? Does the firmware just not
> upgrade properly?

actually the flashing itself fails. I also killed already one of the B4
dongles, but that was maybe my fault.

> Sorry to keep bugging you about this, but you can imagine that it's not
> incredibly easy to find B3 revisions. I've found tons of B4 revisions,
> but the B3s are a bit more rare. I'm just wondering if I can get by with
> a B4.

May you should try eBay. I ran out of B4 dongles for testing and so I
can't improve the btdfu program.

Regards

Marcel