2005-02-16 13:04:49

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] Profiles and Service publicing

Hi,

This post is about a specific headset, about btsco and about SDP support
in BlueZ. I'm not sure if btsco is being talked here, but anyway I think
this post also concerns BlueZ

This is the context:
? BlueZ and btsco installed and working.
? btsco works fine with the headset (Bluetrek G2).
? once SCO connected, pushing the TALK button on the headset leads to a
SCO disconnect state, but pushing TALK again will reconnect without
problems.

But:
? When the headset is switched OFF, the SCO channel is abrubtly
disconnected and the btsco daemon goes on running.
? When I switch ON the headset again (not in the pairing mode, only
switch on) it won't connect to the Audio GAteway again.
? Pushing now the TALK button breafly it enters in which I have named
"dumb mode" (because it is unfructuous). I have dumped what is going on
in the dumb mode, which I will interpret for you:

The following SDP transaction is repeating again and again until the
headset gets tired:

> ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 19
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 15 [psm 1]
SDP SS Req: tid 0x49 len 0xa
pat uuid-32 0x1112 (AG)
max 0x28
cont 00
< ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 14
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 10 [psm 1]
SDP SS Rsp: tid 0x49 len 0x5
tot 0x0 cur 0x0
cont 00

The first is a SDP_ServiceSearch Request from the headset looking for a
service with UUID of value 0x1112 (corresponds to AudioGateway).
The second is a SDP_ServiceSearch Response from BlueZ saying that the
requested service is not found in the SDP database nor nothing even
similar, which is really true because I have not add this service
("sdptool add AG" is not supported)

Now:
Now is when some leak of knowledge hammers mi soul:
? In the assumption that, some way, I could create a service record in
the service database specifying AudioGateway UUID, would it be enough
for the heaset to reconnect again?
? I think of btsco as if it was an AudioGateway implementation (or
headset profile implementation) using the BLuez stack, but if it doesn't
register by its own the AG service in the local database, maybe it is
not a profile imlpementation?

So:
Please, could you give me some points to understand this? Also, if it's
not being possible to fix the reconnection problem because of some lack
of development, I would like to know where is the failure.

Thank you very much

Luis

by soraberri

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Profiles and Service publicing

Hi,

> if the headset ends up in a loop like this, then the implementation of
> the headset profile inside the headset has a bug. It is that simple,
> because they should be able to handle a non existing audio gateway
> record nicely.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Indeed it hangs in the loop and nothing else can be done with it until
it is powered off.
I have add a "false" AudioGAteway service to my local SDP database so
when the headset looks for it, she find it. At least now there is no
loop but, as expected, the headset doesn't work nicely: it won't close
an ACL connection to the gateway by its own so, in order to connect with
btsco I should disconnect this ACL myself (hcitool dc bdaddr_)

How did I add AudioGateway service?
The ugliest way:
?copy add_headset(...) function in sdptool.c
?paste the code and rename to add_headset_ag(...)
?with the changes:

" si->channel: 5;" to " si->channel: 1;"
HEADSET_SVCLASS_ID to HEADSET_AGW_SVCLASS_ID
HEADSET_PROFILE_ID to HEADSET_AGW_PROFILE_ID

?also adding the line:

{ "HSAG", HEADSET_AGW_SVCLASS_ID, add_hs_audio_gw },
in the service[] structure

Certainly I don't understand roughly what I'm doing...

Regards,

Luis

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Profiles and Service publicing

Hi,

> The following SDP transaction is repeating again and again until the
> headset gets tired:
>
> > ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 19
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 15 [psm 1]
> SDP SS Req: tid 0x49 len 0xa
> pat uuid-32 0x1112 (AG)
> max 0x28
> cont 00
> < ACL data: handle 0x0029 flags 0x02 dlen 14
> L2CAP(d): cid 0x0040 len 10 [psm 1]
> SDP SS Rsp: tid 0x49 len 0x5
> tot 0x0 cur 0x0
> cont 00
>
> The first is a SDP_ServiceSearch Request from the headset looking for a
> service with UUID of value 0x1112 (corresponds to AudioGateway).
> The second is a SDP_ServiceSearch Response from BlueZ saying that the
> requested service is not found in the SDP database nor nothing even
> similar, which is really true because I have not add this service
> ("sdptool add AG" is not supported)

if the headset ends up in a loop like this, then the implementation of
the headset profile inside the headset has a bug. It is that simple,
because they should be able to handle a non existing audio gateway
record nicely.

Regards

Marcel

by Brad Midgley

Hi

> The first is a SDP_ServiceSearch Request from the headset looking for a
> service with UUID of value 0x1112 (corresponds to AudioGateway).
> The second is a SDP_ServiceSearch Response from BlueZ saying that the
> requested service is not found in the SDP database nor nothing even
> similar, which is really true because I have not add this service
> ("sdptool add AG" is not supported)

We need sdptool to support ag for one thing. I hadn't realized it wasn't
supported (I have always been initiating computer->headset but we want
to support headset->computer)

If you are comfortable with it, get the sdptool from cvs (to make sure
it hasn't been added recently) and add ag support. It's likely a table
somewhere with the uuid value and "ag" string. Submit patches here.

> ? In the assumption that, some way, I could create a service record in
> the service database specifying AudioGateway UUID, would it be enough
> for the heaset to reconnect again?

There are more details to take care of probably, but we need to try it
to find out.

> ? I think of btsco as if it was an AudioGateway implementation (or
> headset profile implementation) using the BLuez stack, but if it doesn't
> register by its own the AG service in the local database, maybe it is
> not a profile imlpementation?

We are trying to implement the profile completely. The profile is not
finished if it doesn't advertise the service.

> So:
> Please, could you give me some points to understand this? Also, if it's
> not being possible to fix the reconnection problem because of some lack
> of development, I would like to know where is the failure.

Yes, it is a shortcoming of the current system. We want to fix it but we
need more good developers trying stuff like you are and fixing stuff.

Brad