2005-02-22 12:05:41

by BZ Benny

Subject: [Bluez-users] Removing hcid daemon

Hi all,

every time I run hcid the bluetooth module is used
and we see with lsmod by which other modules it is
used.
i want the remove bluetooth with
#rmmod bluetooth
but before I remove other modules that use bluetooth
like hci_usb, l2cap and others.
but how could I remove daemons and how could I see
daemons that I'm runing and that use bluetooth module
such as hcid daemon?

tanks
regards,
benny

D?couvrez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail : 250 Mo d'espace de stockage pour vos mails !
Cr?ez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://fr.mail.yahoo.com/

by Sebastian Roth

Subject: [Bluez-users] Re: Removing hcid daemon

Hi Benny,

not really sure if I got the point. I think this is no bluetooth
specific question at all!

> but how could I remove daemons and how could I see
> daemons that I'm runing and that use bluetooth module
> such as hcid daemon?
Modules and daemons are two different things! Modules are part of the
kernel whereas daemons run in userspace.

`lsmod' shows the list of loaded modules

`ps' shows the running processes (including daemons...)

# ps ax | grep hcid
25252 ? Ss 0:00 hcid: processing events
30706 pts/4 D+ 0:00 grep hcid

To "remove" this daemon you have to send a kill signal.

# kill 25252

Use the PID (process id) you see on the output on your system.
For more info please have a look at the manpages! (man ps, man kill)

Best regards,
Sebastian