2005-03-07 18:45:27

by Anderson Rodrigues

Subject: [Bluez-users] PAN Configurations

Hi folks,

I am trying to create a PAN using PAND. Actually I am following the
"Personal Networking Area How-To" which can be found at Bluez.org.
Let explain what i am doing:

In both sides (GN and PANU)

# modprobe bnep
# hcid
# sdpd

on the GN side

# pand --listen --role GN

on the PANU side

# pand --connect <GN address>

after this command, I get the following messages using dmesg

parport0: FIFO is stuck
parport0: BUSY timeout (1) in compat_write_block_pio
FIFO write timed out
parport0: FIFO is stuck
parport0: BUSY timeout (1) in compat_write_block_pio
FIFO write timed out
parport0: FIFO is stuck
parport0: BUSY timeout (1) in compat_write_block_pio
FIFO write timed out
parport0: FIFO is stuck
parport0: BUSY timeout (1) in compat_write_block_pio
FIFO write timed out

and I can not find the bnep0 network interface.

am I doing something wrong?

any help is very welcome

cheers,

--
Anderson Clayton B. Rodrigues
Eng. de Software

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] USSP compilation problem for linux 2.6

Hi Benny,

> Thanks Marcel for your information. So I should not use the ussp for linux 2.6.
>
> How I need to connect to the BT Serial port adapter from the PC host
> using the BT USB dongle? (ie) that is the command settings.
>
> Which device node I need to open for writing a serial port application
> on host to send data to the target PC with BT serial port adapter?

maybe you should read the rfcomm manual page and look at the rfcomm
program.

Regards

Marcel

by Benny

Thanks Marcel for your information. So I should not use the ussp for linux 2.6.

How I need to connect to the BT Serial port adapter from the PC host
using the BT USB dongle? (ie) that is the command settings.

Which device node I need to open for writing a serial port application
on host to send data to the target PC with BT serial port adapter?

Thanks & Regards,
Benny

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:55:32 +0100, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Benny,
>
> > We have purchased a BT Serial port adapter. I am now involved in
> > testing this. To one PC I am connecting a Standard BT USB dongle and
> > to another PC I am connecting the BT Serial port adaptor.
> >
> > I am facing some problems while compiling(On fedora 3 - linux kernel -
> > 2.6.9-1.667) the "ussp" source found in the "rfcomm-0.10" source
> > downloaded from the
> > http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/rfcomm.html site.
>
> don't even try to deal the the old RFCOMM implementation. The new one is
> inside the kernel and directly integrated into the network socket and
> the TTY layer.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Benny,

> We have purchased a BT Serial port adapter. I am now involved in
> testing this. To one PC I am connecting a Standard BT USB dongle and
> to another PC I am connecting the BT Serial port adaptor.
>
> I am facing some problems while compiling(On fedora 3 - linux kernel -
> 2.6.9-1.667) the "ussp" source found in the "rfcomm-0.10" source
> downloaded from the
> http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/rfcomm.html site.

don't even try to deal the the old RFCOMM implementation. The new one is
inside the kernel and directly integrated into the network socket and
the TTY layer.

Regards

Marcel

by Benny

Dear all,

We have purchased a BT Serial port adapter. I am now involved in
testing this. To one PC I am connecting a Standard BT USB dongle and
to another PC I am connecting the BT Serial port adaptor.

I am facing some problems while compiling(On fedora 3 - linux kernel -
2.6.9-1.667) the "ussp" source found in the "rfcomm-0.10" source
downloaded from the
http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/rfcomm.html site.

Is there any bluetooth patch available for linux 2.6.9.

Please find the error log of the compilation.

Anyone has come across this problem?

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Benny

Attachments:
(No filename) (601.00 B)
err.txt (12.65 kB)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Can 2 services work parallely between a PC and a BT device

Hi Benny,

> Whether 2 profile services work parallely between a PC and a single BT device.
>
> - On the PC we use a Standard USB BT Dongle with the required profile settings.
> - BT device has to have the Headset profile and the Serial port
> profile implementaion.
>
> Is there any Bluetooth SoC which supports 2 profiles simultaneously
> with the same Host?

I don't know that for SoC systems, but the BlueZ supports multiple
profiles at the same time.

Regards

Marcel

by Benny