2005-03-17 17:28:40

by Anderson Rodrigues

Subject: [Bluez-users] Serial only

Hi folks,

Maybe my question is not applicable to the list but any help or tip
will be very wellcome.

The situation is: I have a computer without USB ports, well I have a
Linksys USB Bluetooth Device.

I tryed to use an USB/Serial converter to connect my device to the
serial port and try to use hciattach to use it. Well, I failed. In
fact i am trying to recicle my old computer and find a useness for it.

any help or trick is wellcome

--
Anderson Clayton B. Rodrigues
Eng. de Software

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Serial only

Hi Anderson,

> Maybe my question is not applicable to the list but any help or tip
> will be very wellcome.
>
> The situation is: I have a computer without USB ports, well I have a
> Linksys USB Bluetooth Device.
>
> I tryed to use an USB/Serial converter to connect my device to the
> serial port and try to use hciattach to use it. Well, I failed. In
> fact i am trying to recicle my old computer and find a useness for it.

I am not aware of that any Serial to USB converters exists and I also
don't get how they should work.

Regards

Marcel