2006-09-11 00:24:25

by Bearcat M. Sandor

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluetooth headset: Fuction not Implemented?

hello folks,

You may recognise my name. I hope you do 'cause i've been trying to get a
Logitech Bluetooth Traveler headset working for 2 months now. I am using the
bluetooth hub that came with my logitech keyboard and mouse.

I have the pin code being processed now. When i try to connect it i see the
following:
btsco 00:0D:44:4F:37:72
Error: Failed to connect to SDP server: Function not implemented
Assuming channel 2

Can't connect RFCOMM channel: Resource temporarily unavailable

hcidump gives me:
HCI sniffer - Bluetooth packet analyzer ver 1.31
device: hci0 snap_len: 1028 filter: 0xffffffffffffffff
< HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
> HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
> HCI Event: Mode Change (0x14) plen 6
> HCI Event: Mode Change (0x14) plen 6
> HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
> HCI Event: Connect Complete (0x03) plen 11
< HCI Command: Read Voice Setting (0x03|0x0025) plen 0

--
Bearcat M. Sandor
[email protected]

by Ulisses Furquim

Hi,

On 9/11/06, Brad Midgley <[email protected]> wrote:
> if you can't run
>
> sdptool browse 00:0D:44:4F:37:72
>
> and get a list of services then you have a problem that is more
> fundamental than just audio. (that is equivalent to what btsco is trying
> to do when it prints the sdp error.)

Hmm.. maybe this headset doesn't implement the kind of search sdptool
and btsco are doing (service search attribute request)? Marcel said
there were some devices that implement only service search and service
attribute SDP requests. Is that correct, Marcel?

Regards,

-- Ulisses

by Bearcat M. Sandor

Thanks Brad.
If i just turn on the headset and do a "sdptool browse 00:0D:44:4F:37:72" i
get "Failed to connect to SDP server on 00:0D:44:4F:37:72: Connection timed
out". If i put the headset in pairing mode and do the same thing, i
get "Failed to connect to SDP server on 00:0D:44:4F:37:72: Function not
implemented"

I am using the logitech hub/mouse recharger that came with my Logitech
Cordless Elite keyboard/mouse (the mouse works fine, the keyboard can not be
found).

I have tried a "rfcomm listen 0 1" and a "rfcomm connect 0 00:0D:44:4F:37:72"
with similar results to the btsco command.

I don't think the issue is a pin not being received, as hcidump seems to
indicate that it is accepted.

Thanks for the help. I don't know if trying a different hub would help or what
kind to try.
hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:07:61:1C:9F:D3 ACL MTU: 192:8 SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:84009076 acl:6000162 sco:0 events:21403 errors:0
TX bytes:47745 acl:892 sco:0 commands:3909 errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2 HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'BlueZ (0)'
Class: 0x120104
Service Classes: Networking, Object Transfer
Device Class: Computer, Desktop workstation
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x34e LMP Ver: 1.1 (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x34e
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)

hcid.conf:
#
# HCI daemon configuration file.
#

# HCId options
options {
# Automatically initialize new devices
autoinit yes;

# Security Manager mode
# none - Security manager disabled
# auto - Use local PIN for incoming connections
# user - Always ask user for a PIN
#
security user;

# Pairing mode
# none - Pairing disabled
# multi - Allow pairing with already paired devices
# once - Pair once and deny successive attempts
pairing multi;

# Default PIN code for incoming connections
#passkey "0000";
#pin_helper /etc/bluetooth/pin_script;
pin_helper /usr/lib/kdebluetooth/kbluepin;
}

# Default settings for HCI devices
device {
# Local device name
# %d - device id
# %h - host name
name "BlueZ (%d)";

# Local device class
#class 0x3e0100;
class 0x120104;

# Default packet type
#pkt_type DH1,DM1,HV1;

# Inquiry and Page scan
iscan enable; pscan enable;

# Default link mode
# none - no specific policy
# accept - always accept incoming connections
# master - become master on incoming connections,
# deny role switch on outgoing connections
lm accept;

# Default link policy
# none - no specific policy
# rswitch - allow role switch