2004-04-20 08:48:23

by ALBERT RIBAS GUASCH

Subject: [Bluez-users] PAN

Hello all!!

I'm sorry for my lasts postings, I didn't know how
to ask questions and I started annoying you, I hope
now I'll do it in the right way (not changing the
subject!!).

Well, I already solved the problem with rfcomm, and
now I'm trying to set up a PAN between two Belkin
USB dongles. The thing is, when I have both USB
plugged into my computer, I just can get one of them
UP RUNNING, the other one is not possible to
initialize, so it continues with DOWN, I want to
create the PAN but I only have one computer to test
it. Is this possible to do?

Thank you very much!!

Albert

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] PAN

Hi Albert,

> Well, I already solved the problem with rfcomm, and
> now I'm trying to set up a PAN between two Belkin
> USB dongles. The thing is, when I have both USB
> plugged into my computer, I just can get one of them
> UP RUNNING, the other one is not possible to
> initialize, so it continues with DOWN, I want to
> create the PAN but I only have one computer to test
> it. Is this possible to do?

getting both dongles running on the same computer is possible and you
can use up to 16 dongles, PCMCIA cards or serial adapters at the same
time. But it is not possible to create a PAN between two dongles on the
same computer. You won't see any traffic between them, because
everything goes over the loopback interface.

Regards

Marcel