2006-01-28 22:04:48

by michael grosman

Subject: [Bluez-users] Compiling bluez-utils for MIPS

Hi all!
I'm trying to compile bluez-utils-2.24 project for Linux 2.4.20 that runs on
MIPS. This cross-compilation was done on my desktop Linux 2.6.12. All needed
drivers (HCI, RFCOMM, L2CAP) were uploaded to the > MIPS-board early (after
some patches for kernel 2.4.20 that I found in internet). I configured the
environment with the following variables:
export PLATFORM=mipsel-uclibc
export BUILD=i386-pc-linux-gnu
export HOSTCC=gcc
export CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-uclibc-
export LDFLAGS=-Wl,-dynamic-linker,/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0,-soname=libc.so.0
and runned ./configure mipsel-linux --build=$BUILD.
Making the project was OK, it used "mipsel-linux-gcc", etc., so it seemed
OK. After uploading all the bluez utilities on the MIPS-board, each call
for these utilities (i.e. "hciconfig") failed with such a prompt:
libc.so.6: aborted attempt to load hciconfig!
To my understanding, it still used my desktop standard library (cause "
libc.so.6" is a symbolic link in /usr/local/lib on my PC) instead the
libc.so.0 on the MIPS-board.
I tryied adding LDFLAG "-soname=libc.so.0", but it did not force defining
the right library in building executables.

Could someone help me in configuring this project? What did I miss?

Thanks in advance,

MichaelG

Attachments:
(No filename) (1.21 kB)
(No filename) (1.50 kB)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Compiling bluez-utils for MIPS

Hi Michael,

> I'm trying to compile bluez-utils-2.24 project for Linux 2.4.20 that
> runs on MIPS. This cross-compilation was done on my desktop
> Linux 2.6.12. All needed drivers (HCI, RFCOMM, L2CAP) were uploaded to
> the > MIPS-board early (after some patches for kernel 2.4.20 that I
> found in internet). I configured the environment with the following
> variables:
> export PLATFORM=mipsel-uclibc
> export BUILD=i386-pc-linux-gnu
> export HOSTCC=gcc
> export CROSS_COMPILE=mipsel-uclibc-
> export LDFLAGS=-Wl,-dynamic-linker,/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0,-soname=libc.so.0
> and runned ./configure mipsel-linux --build=$BUILD.
> Making the project was OK, it used "mipsel-linux-gcc", etc., so
> it seemed OK. After uploading all the bluez utilities on the
> MIPS-board, each call for these utilities (i.e. "hciconfig") failed
> with such a prompt:
> libc.so.6: aborted attempt to load hciconfig!
> To my understanding, it still used my desktop standard library
> (cause "libc.so.6" is a symbolic link in /usr/local/lib on my PC)
> instead the libc.so.0 on the MIPS-board.
> I tryied adding LDFLAG "-soname=libc.so.0", but it did
> not force defining the right library in building executables.
> Could someone help me in configuring this project? What did I miss?

I've never done this and I am not a cross-compiling expert.

Regards

Marcel