2007-07-06 00:02:12

by David Abrahams

Subject: [Bluez-users] hidd connection to mouse interferes with headset

I am using a bluetooth mouse (logitech) and headset (plantronics) with
Ubuntu Feisty.

Without connecting the mouse, I can use the headset with Skype and get
reasonably good sound quality.

However, if I connect to my BT mouse with

sudo hidd --connect <btaddr>

and try to use Skype again, I get horrible distortion, from "choppy
sound" to "white noise"

If I then

sudo killall /usr/bin/hidd

sound in Skype goes back to normal.

Actually I have

HIDD_ENABLED=1
HIDD_OPTIONS="--connect 00:07:61:35:FE:A9 --master --server"

in my /etc/default/bluetooth, so all I need to do is turn my mouse
*on* to get this effect.

Does anyone have an idea how to cure (or even debug) this problem?

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

by Brad Midgley

Dave

if you have "master" in hcid.conf's lm setting and you take "rswitch"
and "sniff" out of the lp setting, you are forcing the pc to be master
and to hopefully behave better with audio. restart hcid.

brad