2007-08-08 14:21:08

by Kristofor K Jensen

Subject: [Bluez-users] CSR chipsets on an Acer Aspire

I've got an Acer Aspire with the bluetooth button on the front but came
with no internal bluetooth module. I've ordered and received one off
Ebay which I've now plugged onto my motherboard. It's based on the CSR
Bluecore 4 EXT (the chipset is labeled "CSR 41B14 3AO6U K711SW") and am
just trying to see if it's being detected in ANY way (since the LED on
the module is not lighting up) I'm looking into how the acer_acpi
package for Fedora 7 activates the acer bluetooth modules since that is
what got my other acer accessories working properly (wireless, mail LED,
etc).

Once I figure out the Acer end of things, am I correct in assuming that
this module should be recognized? I've read that CSR Bluecore 4 works
but I've only seen discussion on the USB dongles where this is a 4 wire
connection to the motherboard.

Thanks for the help in advance...I'm just trying to narrow down where
the problem might be.

Kristofor

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] CSR chipsets on an Acer Aspire

Kristofor

> Once I figure out the Acer end of things, am I correct in assuming that
> this module should be recognized? I've read that CSR Bluecore 4 works
> but I've only seen discussion on the USB dongles where this is a 4 wire
> connection to the motherboard.

right... there's often some kind of vendor-specific acpi magic to get
the module to power up and connect to the usb bus. once you do that,
you're good to go.

brad