2007-10-05 22:02:40

by Dustin C. Hatch

Subject: [Bluez-users] Configuring BlueZ to provide audio sink service

Hello all,

I am currently working on a line-audio over Bluetooth solution. My plan
is to play audio on my tablet PC in Windows Media Player and have it
played on my desktop's stereo system. It would seem that this would be
possible using A2DP, setting the tablet as the "source" and the desktop
as the "sink." I am having trouble, however, configuring BlueZ to
provide the "audio sink" service. Google searching doesn't turn up
much, mostly information on configuring BlueZ to be the source.

If anyone has some pointers, suggestions, etc. I would be glad to hear
them. I plan to post all my findings and complete documentation on my
procedures on the Web when I am finished.

It may be important to note that the desktop is running Gentoo Linux
(2.6.22) and the tablet is Windows Vista Ultimate x64. The desktop has
an HP BT450 USB Bluetooth adapter and the tablet has a built-in Broadcom.

Thanks,
Dustin C. Hatch

by Brad Midgley

Dustin

a2dp source hasn't been reimplemented inside bluez yet. Check out the
old prototype--see the bottom of
http://bluetooth-alsa.sourceforge.net/build.html

Brad