2007-10-09 17:23:36

by Balint Kis

Subject: [Bluez-users] A2DP and HFP profiles for bluez

Hello Everybody,

I am trying to implement a HFP and a A2DP profile on top of bluez. I did check out the bluez-utils/audio stuff, but I couldn't get it working, so I decided to write my own, and publish it for your review so that you can pull it into bluez if you like it.

The HFP profile is ready, but I failed to get up the L2CAP Transport Layer so I cannot get any audio out of L2CAP socket. My setup is the following:

Device: a2dp capable phone (SonyEricsson W850i and an MDA with windows mobile)
PC: usb bluetooth dongle with latest bluez stack (kernel 2.6.20-2936.fc7xen)

I implemented the L2CAP signaling layer, and the Device hooks up nicely with the PC and starts streaming the audio data. I can see the audio data with hcidump:

> ACL data: handle 1 flags 0x02 dlen 665
L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 661 [psm 25]
AVDTP(m): ver 2 cc 0 pt 1 seqn 726 time 9478796 ssrc 1

But I don't know how to extract this data through the L2CAP socket which I opened for signaling. Is there some socket option that I need to set up in order to get the audio data? Or do I need to set up an other socket once the AVDTP state machine enters into OPEN state?

Any help is appreciated!

Many thanks in advance
Balint

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] A2DP and HFP profiles for bluez

Balint

> I am trying to implement a HFP and a A2DP profile on top of bluez. I did check out the bluez-utils/audio stuff, but I couldn't get it working, so I decided to write my own, and publish it for your review so that you can pull it into bluez if you like it.

It would take some digging to figure out what your code is doing. If
you help us improve the documentation or the setup or whatever so the
audio driver in bluez-utils works for you, that would be the most
productive approach.

Use bluez-devel to reach more developers.

Brad