2007-10-11 17:49:19

by Sebastian Alff

Subject: [Bluez-users] integrated blutooth on laptop doesn't work

Hello!

I just installed openSuSe 10.3 with gnome on my laptop and now I'm
trying to get Blutooth (under gnome) to work. I installed the up-to-date
bluez packages (+an extra one for gnome). Starting bluetooth
(/etc/init.d/bluetooth start) seems to work (output: Starting bluetooth:
hcid hid2hci done). I also started "Bluetooth-Dateiaustausch (in
englisch something like Bluetooth-File exchange), but don't know if
thats required.
Calling hcitool dev/inq/scan gives no results. The program hcid (as
described in some tutorials) is not installed on my system.

Would anyone help me with getting bluetooth to work? And, yes the
bluetooth switch is turned 'on' :).

regards,
Sebastian

by Brad Midgley

Sebastian

I haven't heard how to activate the adapter on an f5v, sorry. Check
the mailing list archives, suse forums, and google for it.

I have heard that on at least one model of laptop, one could boot
windows, enable the adapter, then softboot into linux. That would at
least tell you it was working even if it was an ugly workaround.

Brad

On 10/12/07, Sebastian Alff <[email protected]> wrote:
> Brad
>
> It's an Asus F5V laptop. Can you give me an advice, what I should do?
>
> Sebastian
>
> Am Donnerstag, den 11.10.2007, 14:24 -0600 schrieb Brad Midgley:
> > Sebastian
> >
> > If hciconfig shows nothing, then you might need some acpi etc magic to
> > get the adapter to connect to usb. How you do it depends on which
> > laptop model you have. It's typically a special app outside of bluez.
> >
> > Brad

by Sebastian Alff