2007-10-16 00:18:15

by Advhertz

Subject: [Bluez-users] Alsa headset with MPlayer

Hi All,
I've got workin' fine the BT headset with the last kernel 2.6.23 patched
with sco-flowcontrol-v4.3.diff included in the plugz bluetooth alsa cvs
repository and aplay/arecord, xmms, Rhythmbox and Skype too works fine.
The problem now is mplayer.

As I give the command " mplayer -ao alsa:device=headset " it stucks as here:

Starting playback...
A: 0.0 (00.0) of 226.0 (03:46.0) ??,?% 98%

and it doesn't start to play.

The headset string is the one I used in my $HOME/.asoundrc file as the
following:

pcm.headset {
type plug
slave {
pcm "headsetBT"
rate 8000
format S16_LE
channels 1
}
}

pcm.headsetBT {
@args [BDADDR TIMEOUT]

# The Bluetooth device address for target headset, used for
Audio Gateway (PC) initiated connections
# Please note that this value is ignored when the connection is
Headset initiated
@args.BDADDR {
type string
default "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
}

# This value represents how long we will try to reach the
headset, until we give up.
# Value is in milliseconds
@args.TIMEOUT {
type integer
default 6000
}

type sco
bdaddr $BDADDR
timeout $TIMEOUT
}

ctl.headset {
type sco
}

Do anyone know anything about it ? MPlayer could work with the bt alsa
headset, right? Maybe I wrong something?

Let me know please.

Thanks.

Advhertz.

by Advhertz

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Alsa headset with MPlayer

Keep in mind that I began from that guide.

Advhertz.

Brad Midgley ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> The patch is still valid, but you should be trying the audio service
> in the current bluez-utils, especially if you have bugs to report,
> suggestions, etc. http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices
>
> Brad
>
> On 10/15/07, Advhertz <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I've got workin' fine the BT headset with the last kernel 2.6.23 patched
>> with sco-flowcontrol-v4.3.diff included in the plugz bluetooth alsa cvs
>> repository and aplay/arecord, xmms, Rhythmbox and Skype too works fine.
>> The problem now is mplayer.
>>
>> As I give the command " mplayer -ao alsa:device=headset " it stucks as here:
>>
>> Starting playback...
>> A: 0.0 (00.0) of 226.0 (03:46.0) ??,?% 98%
>>
>> and it doesn't start to play.
>>
>> The headset string is the one I used in my $HOME/.asoundrc file as the
>> following:
>>
>> pcm.headset {
>> type plug
>> slave {
>> pcm "headsetBT"
>> rate 8000
>> format S16_LE
>> channels 1
>> }
>> }
>>
>> pcm.headsetBT {
>> @args [BDADDR TIMEOUT]
>>
>> # The Bluetooth device address for target headset, used for
>> Audio Gateway (PC) initiated connections
>> # Please note that this value is ignored when the connection is
>> Headset initiated
>> @args.BDADDR {
>> type string
>> default "XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX"
>> }
>>
>> # This value represents how long we will try to reach the
>> headset, until we give up.
>> # Value is in milliseconds
>> @args.TIMEOUT {
>> type integer
>> default 6000
>> }
>>
>> type sco
>> bdaddr $BDADDR
>> timeout $TIMEOUT
>> }
>>
>> ctl.headset {
>> type sco
>> }
>>
>> Do anyone know anything about it ? MPlayer could work with the bt alsa
>> headset, right? Maybe I wrong something?
>>
>> Let me know please.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Advhertz.

by Brad Midgley