2007-11-01 22:03:08

by Tomasz Grobelny

Subject: [Bluez-users] A2DP sink

Is A2DP sink (receiving stereo audio as a headset would do) available in
BlueZ? I found some messages sent to mailing lists claiming that not yet, but
they were 2 or 3 years old. So what is the state now? If it is possible how
can I do that? Thanks in advance,
Tomasz Grobelny

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] A2DP sink

Tomasz

I should say the btsco module in the bluetooth-alsa project.

a2recv doesn't deal directly with sdp or act like a bluez-utils
service. It also uses an oss audio device for output which can be a
pain.

Brad

On 11/2/07, Tomasz Grobelny <[email protected]> wrote:
> Brad Midgley pisze:
> > Tomasz
> >
> > There is a prototype for this in the btsco project. The app is called a2recv.
> >
> You mean the bluetooth-alsa project? I'll try it out (as soon as I buy
> bluetooth dongle for my second computer). But out of curiosity: what's
> wrong with a2recv that it has prototype status? In other words: what
> needs to be done for it to be considered production quality/official?
> --
> Regards,
> Tomasz Grobelny

Brad

by Tomasz Grobelny

On 11/1/07, Tomasz Grobelny <[email protected]> wrote:
> Is A2DP sink (receiving stereo audio as a headset would do) available in
> BlueZ? I found some messages sent to mailing lists claiming that not yet, but
> they were 2 or 3 years old. So what is the state now? If it is possible how
> can I do that? Thanks in advance,
> --
> Regards,
> Tomasz Grobelny