2007-12-21 06:33:47

by Benson Dong

Subject: [Bluez-users] a2dp choppy sound problem

(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] a2dp choppy sound problem

Hi Benson,

> > is it running on a slow computer or an embedded computer?
>
> It is running on CentOS 5.0(VMware) on x86 , 1G Mem ,PD3.2GHz .
> I just compiled and installed bluez-libs 3.22 and bluez-utils 3.22 .

if you run this inside VMware then it is not guaranteed to work at all.
The latency that the USB emulation of VMware imposes makes it impossible
to use it properly. We have seen this with VMware Fusion on MacBooks
already.

Regards

Marcel

by Brad Midgley

Benson

> It seems no difference and chopyy as before.
> Anything else could do ?

you can try all three config changes above together.

what version of bluez-utils is this? Have you tried cvs head?

are you getting interference? If it's a 1.2 or newer bt adapter, you
could check the afh map to see if it's detecting and trying to avoid
interference:

hcitool afh 00:0D:3C:EB:53:F0

If the adapter on your computer is bt 1.2+ and the headset is older
than 1.2, afh might be another advantage to run the computer's adapter
as master.

is it running on a slow computer or an embedded computer?

--
Brad

by Brad Midgley

Benson,

Can you try these in /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf one at a time,
restarting hcid each time and tell us if anything improves the
choppiness?

put "master" in hcid.conf's lm setting
take "rswitch" out of the lp setting
take "sniff" out of the lp setting