2007-12-26 14:58:32

by christopher reder

Subject: [Bluez-users] installed bluez, can't use regular sound now!

Hi all. After trying to get Bluez working on my debian linux pc
(2.18.5), I would like to go back to using the regular sound card in the
computer but it is not working! I am not sure where to check so that it
will point to the hardware and not to the bluez stack. I've searched
for a asound or alsa.conf file, but haven't found anything that looks
like it is pointing to one or the other.

Can someone tell me where I need to look to have the onboard hardware
work?

Thanks

by Brad Midgley

Christopher

It's possible you need to restore /etc/asound.conf and ~/.asoundrc to
what they were before you started. If you're still having trouble, it
might be a new problem unrelated to installing bluez.

--
Brad

by christopher reder

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 08:03 -0700, Brad Midgley wrote:
> Christopher
>
> check /etc/asound.conf and ~/.asoundrc
>
> Brad
>
> On Dec 26, 2007 7:58 AM, christopher reder <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi all. After trying to get Bluez working on my debian linux pc
> > (2.18.5), I would like to go back to using the regular sound card in the
> > computer but it is not working! I am not sure where to check so that it
> > will point to the hardware and not to the bluez stack. I've searched
> > for a asound or alsa.conf file, but haven't found anything that looks
> > like it is pointing to one or the other.
> >
> > Can someone tell me where I need to look to have the onboard hardware
> > work?
> >
> > Thanks

Brad - Thanks. I checked and before I sent the email, I removed
the .asoundrc file which had a pcm.bluetooth reference and there wasn't
a /etc/asound.conf file. Then, i restarted. Nothing changed. I also
tried, while the computer was up, by reloading alsa but haven't seen any
help there. I also tried using mplayer with the 'mplayer -ao
alsa:device=hw=0.0 file.mp3 and 0.1 file.mp3 without success. Is there
anything else or should I remove and reinstall alsa in the hopes that
may help?

by Brad Midgley

Christopher

check /etc/asound.conf and ~/.asoundrc

Brad

On Dec 26, 2007 7:58 AM, christopher reder <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi all. After trying to get Bluez working on my debian linux pc
> (2.18.5), I would like to go back to using the regular sound card in the
> computer but it is not working! I am not sure where to check so that it
> will point to the hardware and not to the bluez stack. I've searched
> for a asound or alsa.conf file, but haven't found anything that looks
> like it is pointing to one or the other.
>
> Can someone tell me where I need to look to have the onboard hardware
> work?
>
> Thanks

Brad