2007-12-31 10:33:44

by Colin Murphy

Subject: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth connection log file.

I am having a problem on my Ubuntu 7.10 box in making a useful connection to
my stereo headset adaptor. I have been able to make a connection but it only
lasts for a few minutes, at best. The messages I get on screen seem to
suggest that the bluetooth adaptor itself, hci0, keeps 'disappearing'
and 're-appearing'.

To get some more information I would like to look at the log files, but I
can't seem to find any that make reference to bluetooth.

What log files will tell me what is going on with the bluetooth adaptor dongle
and with the connections that are made, but then dropped.

Thanks in advance.
Gotta' go, things to be, people to do, stuff to, err, stuff.

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Bluetooth connection log file.

Colin

you can debug problems as they happen with

sudo hcidump -XV >/tmp/log

you'll get a lot of data but usually the problems stand out.

On Dec 31, 2007 3:33 AM, Colin Murphy <[email protected]> wrote:
> I am having a problem on my Ubuntu 7.10 box in making a useful connection to
> my stereo headset adaptor. I have been able to make a connection but it only
> lasts for a few minutes, at best. The messages I get on screen seem to
> suggest that the bluetooth adaptor itself, hci0, keeps 'disappearing'
> and 're-appearing'.
>
> To get some more information I would like to look at the log files, but I
> can't seem to find any that make reference to bluetooth.
>
> What log files will tell me what is going on with the bluetooth adaptor dongle
> and with the connections that are made, but then dropped.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> [email protected]
> Gotta' go, things to be, people to do, stuff to, err, stuff.

Brad