2008-01-01 21:09:19

by Colin Murphy

Subject: [Bluez-users] Stereo audio headset - half a second of audio, 8 seconds of silence, then disconnection.

I have XMMS set up to play alsa audio through bluetooth. This is what happens
when I try to play some audio.

On hitting the 'play' button there is a 2 second delay before XMMS begins to
play, and the Graphic EQ bars start to dance. Half a second, or so, of audio
can be heard from the headphones, after which they go silent, even though the
Graphic EQ bars continue to dance for another 8 seconds. After the bars have
stopped dancing I get a message that the bluetooth connection has been
dropped.

There's another glimpse from my /var/log/syslog file hiding at
http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/3181/

Is this an alsa or bluetooth problem? Because the GEq bars continue to dance
it makes me think something must be getting through to XMMS, but it might
also be considered correct for the bluetooth connection to be dropped
automatically after 8 seconds of silence, I don't know. I also don't know
how to find the solution. Any help much appreciated, especially advice on
where else, log files, etc, to look.

Gotta' go, things to be, people to do, stuff to, err, stuff.

by Brad Midgley

Colin

> On hitting the 'play' button there is a 2 second delay before XMMS begins to
> play, and the Graphic EQ bars start to dance. Half a second, or so, of audio
> can be heard from the headphones, after which they go silent

this could be the scatternet problem we've been working over.

what does
hcitool con
show during the audio playing?

what other bluetooth devices are you using?
is the headset trying to connect to a phone at the same time?
do you know which bluetooth adapter your pc uses?

if you have "master" in hcid.conf's lm setting and you take "rswitch"
out of the lp setting, you are making the pc prefer to be master and
to hopefully behave better.

--
Brad