2008-02-01 13:14:04

by Paul

Subject: [Bluez-users] Infineon PBA31308

Hi all,

I am using a Infineon PBA31308 module with a ARM board.I have cross
compiled the bluez-utils and bluez-libs for my platform.After I start the
hcid in the background,I call "hciattach ttyS1 any 115200",and when i do
hciconfig the output is
hci0: Type: UART
BD Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00 ACL MTU: 0:0 SCO MTU: 0:0
DOWN INIT RUNNING
RX bytes:0 acl:0 sco:0 events:0 errors:0
TX bytes:4 acl:0 sco:0 commands:1 errors:0

and when I give "hciconfig hci0 up"
The output is
#Can't init device hci0: Connection timed out (110)

when we call hciattach with type as 'any' it doesn't do any device
initialization ,right?Does this module require initialization
while doing hciattach??what are the commands to be passed to initialize
it??From the mailing list archives I found that people have got it up and
running...Can somebody help me to bring it up??

Thanks in advance...
Regards,
G.K.

Attachments:
(No filename) (930.00 B)
(No filename) (1.24 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Infineon PBA31308

George

I believe blackfin is using an older version of the gumstix hack.

I haven't experimented with initializing the chip myself but I know it
is very particular about how things are done... I would suggest trying
to do things exactly as they do if you still have trouble.

Brad

by Paul

Hi Brad,
Thanks for your quick reply.I had a quick look(as i dont have a lot of
time to bring the 31308 up..:-(. at the gumstix site and had gone through
the hciattach patches found there. now I have a patch which was used by a
balckfin team on muClinux.(Almost same as the gumstix one..),
in the u->init function ,the command Read_local_version is written(using
different baudrates)...but after that when "select" is called the return
value is zero..indicating no response from the module...and then hciattach
fails...so does hciconfig(which shows no output)..Is that necessary to enter
the manufacturer mode and write the init command if I am using 115200??(in
simple words should I do anything in hciattach if I am using 115200?)

But when I call hciattach with "any' ....hciconfig reports the presence of
the device and /var/log/messages shows hci0 dev registered but I am not able
to do a hciconfig hci0 up...as it gives Can't init device connection timed
out...

Thnak you for your time...
Regards,
George.

On Feb 1, 2008 10:03 PM, Brad Midgley <[email protected]> wrote:

> George
>
> You should have a look at the gumstix patches to hciattach. In the
> current form they're too gross to merge upstream but they do reveal
> some hacks that are good to know on this adapter.
>
> http://docwiki.gumstix.org/Buildroot
>
> Brad

(No filename) (1.71 kB)
(No filename) (2.39 kB)