2008-02-18 02:52:45

by Peter Hollenbeck

Subject: [Bluez-users] Multiple Earphone/Mic Headsets Intercom

I know only a little about Bluetooth and BlueZ. I am interested in building
an intercom that allows four headsets (phone and mic) to intercommunicate.
The Bluetooth intercom profile appears to allow for only two devices. Is
this so and does it apply to the BlueZ implementation?

Thanks,
Peter Hollenbeck

Attachments:
(No filename) (306.00 B)
(No filename) (327.00 B)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Peter Hollenbeck

I think I understand.
Thanks very much.
Peter

On Feb 19, 2008 3:41 PM, Brad Midgley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Peter
>
> On Feb 17, 2008 7:52 PM, Peter Hollenbeck <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I know only a little about Bluetooth and BlueZ. I am interested in
> building
> > an intercom that allows four headsets (phone and mic) to
> intercommunicate.
> > The Bluetooth intercom profile appears to allow for only two devices. Is
> > this so and does it apply to the BlueZ implementation?
>
> you won't be able to have more than three sco connections
> simultaneously through one bluetooth adapter. If your bluetooth
> adapter is usb-connected it will take a kernel patch to get multiple
> simultaneous connections. If it's uart-connected (typical for
> embedded) then it will work without patching.
>
> either way you will be writing your own userspace software to copy
> audio around and negotiate connections.
>
> --
> Brad

(No filename) (1.31 kB)