2008-03-05 11:33:41

by Mohamed kash

Subject: [Bluez-users] Question about bluetooth simultaneous connections

Hi All...

I bought Edimax Bluetooth model EB-DGC1 (150 meters) and when I tried it on
Windows to send files to many mobile devices, it sends only to one device at
a time. so the scenario is as following:
1- it sends request to mobile (A) and after it accepts the file or reject
the file
2- It sends the request to mobile (B)

I tried the same dongle with other software called BlueMagnet but it also
sends to one mobile at a time not to seven.

my question is: can I program this in linux to send the request to seven
devices at the same time or is this a limitation in the hardware itself? i.e.
is this a software limitation or hardware limitation?

I appreciate if anyone can help me

regards,

Kash

Attachments:
(No filename) (703.00 B)
(No filename) (752.00 B)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by manuwela kanade

Hello Sir,

Thank you so much for the reply. I will check the examples. Thank you.

Manuwela

On 3/10/08, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Manuwela,
>

> > Please can you tell me how to use the L2CAP_LM_MASTER. Should it be
> > defined while socket creation? And due to this switching of role, is
> > it possible to send data simultaneously?? Because, we have tried to
> > multithread and accept connections from multiple devices on the
> > server, but it does not work... only one connection is accepted by
> > server.
>

> the bluez-utils contains a lot of examples on how to use it. Check the
> files l2test.c and rctest.c for example.
>

> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.07 kB)
(No filename) (1.63 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Manuwela,

> Please can you tell me how to use the L2CAP_LM_MASTER. Should it be
> defined while socket creation? And due to this switching of role, is
> it possible to send data simultaneously?? Because, we have tried to
> multithread and accept connections from multiple devices on the
> server, but it does not work... only one connection is accepted by
> server.

the bluez-utils contains a lot of examples on how to use it. Check the
files l2test.c and rctest.c for example.

Regards

Marcel

by manuwela kanade

Hello Sir,

Please can you tell me how to use the L2CAP_LM_MASTER. Should it be defined
while socket creation? And due to this switching of role, is it possible to
send data simultaneously?? Because, we have tried to multithread and accept
connections from multiple devices on the server, but it does not work...
only one connection is accepted by server.

Thank you,
Manuwela

On Sat, Mar 8, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> > Mohomed, you'll get closer to 7 if you try to keep your device master
> > on its connections. Something like calling a fn after estabishing
> > connections:
>
> the RFCOMM and L2CAP sockets provide a {L2CAP|RFCOMM}_LM_MASTER to do
> this task on the server socket directly.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (1.16 kB)
(No filename) (1.79 kB)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Brad,

> Mohomed, you'll get closer to 7 if you try to keep your device master
> on its connections. Something like calling a fn after estabishing
> connections:

the RFCOMM and L2CAP sockets provide a {L2CAP|RFCOMM}_LM_MASTER to do
this task on the server socket directly.

Regards

Marcel

by Brad Midgley

Mohomed, you'll get closer to 7 if you try to keep your device master
on its connections. Something like calling a fn after estabishing
connections:

static void make_master(bdaddr_t bdaddr)
{
uint8_t role = 0; // 0 means master
int dd, dev_id;

dev_id = hci_for_each_dev(HCI_UP, find_conn, (long) &bdaddr);
if (dev_id < 0) {
fprintf(stderr, "make_master: Not connected.\n");
return;
}

dd = hci_open_dev(dev_id);
if (dd < 0) {
perror("HCI device open failed");
return;
}

if (hci_switch_role(dd, &bdaddr, role, 10000) < 0) {
perror("Switch role request failed");
}
close(dd);
}

[...]