2005-12-04 01:22:24

by sean

Subject: [Bluez-users] Cellink BTA-6030 adapter of choice? usb & bt 2.0

I'm looking for a bt usb Class 1 dongle with usb 2.0 and bt 2.0.

I've gooten burned buying a zonet dongle which had a
broadcom chip. Won't work with bluez.

Anyone have this one working. It's supposed to hace the CSR
BLue4 chip. Is that supported?

Any other adapters out there that work with bluez?

sean

by Brad Midgley

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] Re: Cellink BTA-6030 adapter of choice? usb & bt 2.0

sean

> My main application is voip. As I understand it, I need sco audio.
>
> Right?

yes

>> hmm. if you found level1 for export from the uk that's the best bet. i'm
>> not in a hurry so i'll wait to see a domestic US offering.
>>
> It's on ebay.

I'm curious... what search do you use? I've checked from time to time
and never found any 2.0 adapters that have a clearly labeled manufacturer.

Brad

by sean

Brad Midgley wrote:
> sean
>

>>The ANYCOM dongle uses a Broadcom chip. Will this work with bluez?
>

> it will, with the exception of sco audio.

My main application is voip. As I understand it, I need sco
audio.

Right?

sean

>>I couldn't find the B-Speech or the Level1 for sale in the US. I can
>>order the Level1 from the UK.
>>
>>I can't find the B-Speech available online anywhere. Though my school
>>boy German may be to blame :)
>>
>>It looks like B-Speech is the preferred choice, and Level1 second.
>>
>>Any suggestions? Will ANYCOM work? Any url's for b-speech?
>

> hmm. if you found level1 for export from the uk that's the best bet. i'm
> not in a hurry so i'll wait to see a domestic US offering.

It's on ebay.

by Brad Midgley

sean

> The ANYCOM dongle uses a Broadcom chip. Will this work with bluez?

it will, with the exception of sco audio.

> I couldn't find the B-Speech or the Level1 for sale in the US. I can
> order the Level1 from the UK.
>
> I can't find the B-Speech available online anywhere. Though my school
> boy German may be to blame :)
>
> It looks like B-Speech is the preferred choice, and Level1 second.
>
> Any suggestions? Will ANYCOM work? Any url's for b-speech?

hmm. if you found level1 for export from the uk that's the best bet. i'm
not in a hurry so i'll wait to see a domestic US offering.

brad

by sean

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>

>>I'm looking for a bt usb Class 1 dongle with usb 2.0 and bt 2.0.
>>
>>I've gooten burned buying a zonet dongle which had a
>>broadcom chip. Won't work with bluez.
>>
>>Anyone have this one working. It's supposed to hace the CSR
>>BLue4 chip. Is that supported?
>>
>>Any other adapters out there that work with bluez?
>

> look at http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/edr.html and the Cellink
> is no longer the best EDR dongle, but it was the first.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

Great.

Four listed:

Cellink

ANYCOM Blue USB-200/250 Bluetooth Dongle

B-Speech Data Speed Bluetooth Dongle

Level1 MDU-0025USB Bluetooth Dongle

The ANYCOM dongle uses a Broadcom chip. Will this work with
bluez?

I couldn't find the B-Speech or the Level1 for sale in the
US. I can order the Level1 from the UK.

I can't find the B-Speech available online anywhere. Though
my school boy German may be to blame :)

It looks like B-Speech is the preferred choice, and Level1
second.

Any suggestions? Will ANYCOM work? Any url's for b-speech?

sean

by Brad Midgley

Guys

>>I'm looking for a bt usb Class 1 dongle with usb 2.0 and bt 2.0.
>>
>>I've gooten burned buying a zonet dongle which had a
>>broadcom chip.

> look at http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/edr.html and the Cellink
> is no longer the best EDR dongle, but it was the first.

fwiw, if you're shopping in the US, you may find the only one in that
list that is available currently is the broadcom-based card (anycom)
which was the reason the original poster is still looking...

brad

by Marcel Holtmann

Hi Sean,