2006-08-29 00:18:59

by Ray

Subject: [Bluez-users] hci0 only comes up with PSCAN (no ISCAN)

hi,

i have a problem in that my hci0 device only ever
comes up with pscan (without iscan) and this is
causing me problems.

i have started the manually started the daemons but no
luck

$ hcid; sdpd; hciconfig hci0 up piscan noauth

still shows up as (just pscan!!!)

$ hciconfig -a
hci0: Type: USB
BD Address: 00:0E:9B:68:B8:37 ACL MTU: 192:8
SCO MTU: 64:8
UP RUNNING PSCAN
RX bytes:12448 acl:176 sco:0 events:322
errors:0
TX bytes:4767 acl:157 sco:0 commands:104
errors:0
Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
0x00
Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2
HV3
Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
Name: 'BlueZ@marty (0)'
Class: 0x3e0100
Service Classes: Networking, Rendering,
Capturing, Object Transfer,
Audio
Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1
(0x1) LMP Subver: 0x20d
Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10) =

i googled this and found another person with the same
problem but no ans. using linux 2.6.15 with bluez 3.4
utils/libs

can anyone suggest what i'm doing wrong
thanks
-r

# /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
options {
autoinit yes;
security auto;
pairing multi;
passkey "1234";
}

device {
name "BlueZ@%h (%d)";

class 0x3e0100;

# Inquiry and Page scan
iscan enable;
pscan enable;

lm accept;
lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
}

=

___________________________________________________________ =

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" =
=96 The Wall Street Journal =

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

by Claudio Takahasi

Hi folks,

The release 3.X introduced the D-Bus methods for adapter setup and
basic remote services(inquiry, name, manufacturer, ...). Some bugs
related to discoverable mode were detected but they are now fixed in
the release 3.4. The adapter interface supports the following
discoverable modes:
discoverable: PSCAN ISCAN
connectable: PSCAN
off: NOSCAN

The default discoverable timeout is 180sec. If you set it to 0 +
discoverable mode to "discoverable" the device will be always visible.
If you set the discoverable timeout to X + mode to discoverable, the
mode will be changed automatically to connectable mode after X
seconds.

While we don't have good client application to manage this methods you
can send commands using dbus-send:
$dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --print-reply --dest=3Dorg.bluez
/org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetDiscoverableTimeout uint32:0
$dbus-send --system --type=3Dmethod_call --print-reply --dest=3Dorg.bluez
/org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable

BR,
Claudio.

On 8/28/06, Jaime Alberto Silva <[email protected]> wrote:
> [...]
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.user/10386/focus=3D10386
>
> It has been treated in this list before under the topic:
>
> Fwd: bluez-utils: The inquiry scan (ISCAN) gets turned off
>
> On 8/28/06, Ray <[email protected]> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > i have a problem in that my hci0 device only ever
> > comes up with pscan (without iscan) and this is
> > causing me problems.
> >
> > i have started the manually started the daemons but no
> > luck
> >
> > $ hcid; sdpd; hciconfig hci0 up piscan noauth
> >
> > still shows up as (just pscan!!!)
> >
> > $ hciconfig -a
> > hci0: Type: USB
> > BD Address: 00:0E:9B:68:B8:37 ACL MTU: 192:8
> > SCO MTU: 64:8
> > UP RUNNING PSCAN
> > RX bytes:12448 acl:176 sco:0 events:322
> > errors:0
> > TX bytes:4767 acl:157 sco:0 commands:104
> > errors:0
> > Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> > 0x00
> > Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2
> > HV3
> > Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> > Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> > Name: 'BlueZ@marty (0)'
> > Class: 0x3e0100
> > Service Classes: Networking, Rendering,
> > Capturing, Object Transfer,
> > Audio
> > Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
> > HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1
> > (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x20d
> > Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
> >
> > i googled this and found another person with the same
> > problem but no ans. using linux 2.6.15 with bluez 3.4
> > utils/libs
> >
> > can anyone suggest what i'm doing wrong
> > thanks
> > -r
> >
> > # /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
> > options {
> > autoinit yes;
> > security auto;
> > pairing multi;
> > passkey "1234";
> > }
> >
> > device {
> > name "BlueZ@%h (%d)";
> >
> > class 0x3e0100;
> >
> > # Inquiry and Page scan
> > iscan enable;
> > pscan enable;
> >
> > lm accept;
> > lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
> > }

> > Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to us=
e" =96 The Wall Street Journal
> > http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html
> >
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------=
--
> > Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, securit=
y?
> > Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job =
easier
> > Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geron=

-- =

Claudio Takahasi
Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT

by Jaime Alberto Silva

Hi Ray, I had the same problem, checkout:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.bluez.user/10386/focus=3D10386

It has been treated in this list before under the topic:

Fwd: bluez-utils: The inquiry scan (ISCAN) gets turned off

On 8/28/06, Ray <[email protected]> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i have a problem in that my hci0 device only ever
> comes up with pscan (without iscan) and this is
> causing me problems.
>
> i have started the manually started the daemons but no
> luck
>
> $ hcid; sdpd; hciconfig hci0 up piscan noauth
>
> still shows up as (just pscan!!!)
>
> $ hciconfig -a
> hci0: Type: USB
> BD Address: 00:0E:9B:68:B8:37 ACL MTU: 192:8
> SCO MTU: 64:8
> UP RUNNING PSCAN
> RX bytes:12448 acl:176 sco:0 events:322
> errors:0
> TX bytes:4767 acl:157 sco:0 commands:104
> errors:0
> Features: 0xff 0xff 0x0f 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00
> 0x00
> Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5 HV1 HV2
> HV3
> Link policy: RSWITCH HOLD SNIFF PARK
> Link mode: SLAVE ACCEPT
> Name: 'BlueZ@marty (0)'
> Class: 0x3e0100
> Service Classes: Networking, Rendering,
> Capturing, Object Transfer,
> Audio
> Device Class: Computer, Uncategorized
> HCI Ver: 1.1 (0x1) HCI Rev: 0x20d LMP Ver: 1.1
> (0x1) LMP Subver: 0x20d
> Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (10)
>
> i googled this and found another person with the same
> problem but no ans. using linux 2.6.15 with bluez 3.4
> utils/libs
>
> can anyone suggest what i'm doing wrong
> thanks
> -r
>
> # /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
> options {
> autoinit yes;
> security auto;
> pairing multi;
> passkey "1234";
> }
>
> device {
> name "BlueZ@%h (%d)";
>
> class 0x3e0100;
>
> # Inquiry and Page scan
> iscan enable;
> pscan enable;
>
> lm accept;
> lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;
> }

> Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use"=
=96 The Wall Street Journal

-- =

Jaime Alberto Silva
L I N U X .~.