2006-09-12 16:41:25

by Loreno Oliveira

Subject: [Bluez-users] restricting inquiry responses

Hi there,

I have different base stations that permanently try to find out new mobile
devices on their coverage areas. Once discovered and paired with some BS, I
need this device to be able to not answer to that BS inquiries.

Is there a solution for this??

Regards,

Loreno

Attachments:
(No filename) (276.00 B)
(No filename) (305.00 B)
(No filename) (373.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Loreno Oliveira

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] restricting inquiry responses

On the one hand this is good because I was trying to understand you previous
answer yet :-)

On the other hand this is a big issue in my current work. Btw, thanks for
the help!

Loreno

On 9/13/06, Claudio Takahasi <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 9/13/06, Claudio Takahasi <[email protected]> wrote:
> > On 9/12/06, Loreno Oliveira <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I have different base stations that permanently try to find out new
> mobile
> > > devices on their coverage areas. Once discovered and paired with some
> BS, I
> > > need this device to be able to not answer to that BS inquiries.
> > >
> > > Is there a solution for this??
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Loreno
> >
> > Hi Loreno,
> >
> > You can use the a D-Bus method to switch the device to "Connectable"
> > mode. The adapter interface supports the following discoverable modes:
> > discoverable: PSCAN ISCAN
> > connectable: PSCAN
> > off: NOSCAN
> >
> > Use the gbluezconf(test app) to setup this mode:
> > http://www.maemo.org.br/cktakahasi/gbluezconf/gbluezconf-00.32.tar.gz
> >
> > Or dbus-send:
> > $dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez
> > /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetDiscoverableTimeout uint32:0
> > $dbus-send --system --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=org.bluez
> > /org/bluez/hci0 org.bluez.Adapter.SetMode string:discoverable
> >
> > The default discoverable timeout is 180sec. Setting it to 0 +
> > discoverable mode to "discoverable" the device will be always visible.
> > Setting the discoverable timeout to X + mode to discoverable, the mode
> > will be changed automatically to connectable mode after X seconds.
> >

> > BR,
> > Claudio.
> > --
> > Claudio Takahasi
> > Instituto Nokia de Tecnologia - INdT
> >

> Hi Loreno,
>
> Sorry, I misunderstood your question. It's not possible "not answer"
> to a specific BS inquiries.
>
> BR,
> Claudio.

(No filename) (2.67 kB)