2007-05-09 15:26:56

by José Pedro Saraiva

Subject: [Bluez-users] Multiple HCI devices, howto make only one device discoverable?

Hi,

With several HCI devices connected, is it possible to make only one of them
discoverable through hcid.conf or any other method?

Regards,

Jos? Pedro

Attachments:
(No filename) (156.00 B)
(No filename) (181.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by Claudio Takahasi

On 5/9/07, Jos=E9 Pedro Saraiva <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>

> > you can (and actually should) use D-Bus for this. Check the mailing list
> > archive for examples or use the bluez-gnome provided applet.
>
> I've browsed the archive but don't know exactly what to search for.
> Can you point me to an article where I might find answers to my questions?
> 'Cause I don't really understand what D-Bus is for.
>
> Sorry for my ignorance and thanks once more for the support.
>

> Jos=E9 Pedro

Hi Jose'

Maybe this HOWTO can help you: http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AdapterModes

BR,
Claudio
-- =

by José Pedro Saraiva

Hi Marcel,

you can (and actually should) use D-Bus for this. Check the mailing list
> archive for examples or use the bluez-gnome provided applet.

I've browsed the archive but don't know exactly what to search for.
Can you point me to an article where I might find answers to my questions?
'Cause I don't really understand what D-Bus is for.

Sorry for my ignorance and thanks once more for the support.

Jos? Pedro

Attachments:
(No filename) (420.00 B)
(No filename) (635.00 B)
(No filename) (286.00 B)
(No filename) (164.00 B)

by José Pedro Saraiva

On 5/9/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi Jose,
>
> > With several HCI devices connected, is it possible to make only one of
> > them discoverable through hcid.conf or any other method?
>
> you can (and actually should) use D-Bus for this. Check the mailing list
> archive for examples or use the bluez-gnome provided applet.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel

(No filename) (999.00 B)
(No filename) (1.46 kB)