2007-06-04 12:31:53

by Voni Hakau

Subject: [Bluez-users] bluez-3.11 with kernel 2.6.10 ?

hello all,

should the following configuration work ?

bluez-[libs/utils]-3.11 with kernel 2.6.10.

thank you
voni

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] bluez-3.11 with kernel 2.6.10 ?

Hi Voni,

> > > should the following configuration work ?
> > >
> > > bluez-[libs/utils]-3.11 with kernel 2.6.10.
> >
> > in theory it works, but I can't advise anybody to use it. The 2.6.10
> > kernel is way too old. There have been a lot of improvements in the last
> > two years.
>
> hmm. i guess i have no choice since I receive a the kernel from other
> group in the company. and i don't want to use old bluez...
> so i just hope it will work..

at some point you will start seeing problems. Companies that try to
stick with old kernel versions (for whatever reasons) run into problems
at some point. And trust me on that one, you won't get any support from
the community for your problems. So better make a good deal with the
other group in your company.

Regards

Marcel

by Voni Hakau