2007-06-04 12:44:03

by Voni Hakau

Subject: [Bluez-users] minimal bluez setup

hi all,

i managed to cross compile bluez 3.11 to my platform.

i want to ask what is the minimum commands i need to run bluez ?
i thought of :

/usr/bin/dbus-daemon
/usr/sbin/hcid
/usr/sbin/sdpd

is it ok ? or do i need more processes (dbus have a lot.. but i want only
what bluez needs) ?

do i need some special command line arguments to bluez or dbus ?

thank you
voni

by Marcel Holtmann

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] minimal bluez setup

Hi Voni,

> i managed to cross compile bluez 3.11 to my platform.
>
> i want to ask what is the minimum commands i need to run bluez ?
> i thought of :
>
> /usr/bin/dbus-daemon
> /usr/sbin/hcid
> /usr/sbin/sdpd
>
> is it ok ? or do i need more processes (dbus have a lot.. but i want only
> what bluez needs) ?
>
> do i need some special command line arguments to bluez or dbus ?

the sdpd is obsoleted. Start hcid with -s to have the included SDP
server.

Regards

Marcel