2007-06-04 13:53:19

by Voni Hakau

Subject: [Bluez-users] hcid <-> dbus problem

hello,

I can't run bluez in my platform. i tried this series of commands:

dbus-daemon --system (seems to work)
hcid -nsd

that last command doesn't work, i get:
Dec 31 18:48:16 8 daemon.info hcid[945]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
Dec 31 18:48:17 8 daemon.err hcid[945]: Could not become the primary
owner of org.bluez
Dec 31 18:48:17 8 daemon.err hcid[945]: Unable to get on D-Bus

I even tried:
dbus-daemon --config-file /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf

but it fails with the message:
Failed to start message bus: Configuration file needs one or more
<listen> elements giving addresses

any idea ?

(running sdpd alone does not fail btw)

thanks
voni

by Voni Hakau

Subject: Re: [Bluez-users] hcid <-> dbus problem

Hi Marcel,

On 6/4/07, Marcel Holtmann <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I can't run bluez in my platform. i tried this series of commands:
> > that last command doesn't work, i get:
> > Dec 31 18:48:16 8 daemon.info hcid[945]: Bluetooth HCI daemon
> > Dec 31 18:48:17 8 daemon.err hcid[945]: Could not become the primary
> > owner of org.bluez
> > Dec 31 18:48:17 8 daemon.err hcid[945]: Unable to get on D-Bus
> >
> > I even tried:
> > dbus-daemon --config-file /etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf
> >
> > but it fails with the message:
> > Failed to start message bus: Configuration file needs one or more
> > <listen> elements giving addresses
>
> this looks wrong. The bluetooth.conf is only one of the security rules
> used by dbus-daemon. You must make sure the compiled in paths are all
> correct. Ask the D-Bus guys for more help.

THANKS

indeed something with the paths went wrong. i don't know what, but i played
with the system.conf file a little and now it works. THANKS !!

i don't need to run a dbus daemon with the bluetooth.conf, right ?

(this line is not relevant: dbus-daemon --config-file
/etc/dbus-1/system.d/bluetooth.conf ?)

thank you
voni

> > (running sdpd alone does not fail btw)